- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of Position: LAN Assistant- Somalia
- CTG is looking for qualified staff as per TOR below
- Support & monitoring of LAN equipment & systems deployed by the UN in the field & HQ.
- Install, configure, maintain & support equipment & systems providing ICT services.
- Troubleshoot connectivity & infrastructure problems.
- Monitor & analyse the performance of ICT services.
- Provide information on availability of support packs, relevant firmware updates.
- Install, configure & maintain network infrastructure, telephony solutions, wireless communications solutions, video surveillance systems & UPS power systems in accordance with UN standards, requirements of manufactures & local regulations.
- Install server equipment & services.
- Liaise with clients & counterparts within & outside the UN.
- Report to the line manager
- Minimal 5 year experience in installing, configuring & managing LAN equipment & services in large & complex environments.
- Experience in managing & monitoring LAN voice & data infrastructure including TCP / IP networks, VPN, firewalls, switches & network analysis tools.
- Experience with server deployment, DHCP, DNS & other LAN services.
- Experience with Windows Server.
- Experience with a project management methodology such as PMP, PRINCE2, etc.
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework.
- Experience in customer services & the ability to provide a professional interface with the user community.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work outside normal working hours if required.
- Industry recognized certifications are an asset.
- This role has no team management responsibility
- Qualified female candidate are encourage to apply
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- WAN Assistant, Mali at Committed To Good (CTG Global)
- Senior Infrastructure / Network Specialist- Sudan at Committed To Good (CTG Global)
- Senior Infrastructure / Network Specialist- Mali at Committed To Good (CTG Global)
- Senior Infrastructure / Network Specialist- South Sudan at Committed To Good (CTG Global)
- Senior Infrastructure / Network Specialist- Somalia at Committed To Good (CTG Global)