Lead, Global Corporate Governance, Office of the General Counsel
- Provide support to staff enterprise-wide providing governance and good standing services to offices across IJM; including management of the corporate governance inbox.
- Assist the Global Governance Officer in providing governance guidance on priority issues, including IJM’s expansion into new countries.
- Provide governance guidance and drafting support to Regional Counsel as assigned.
- Assist the Global Governance Officer in executing IJM Inc. Board secretarial duties, including the maintenance of IJM Inc. Board records and drafting of Board and Committee materials.
- Manage the Global Corporate Governance centralized records and tool repository.
- Support the global implementation and monitoring of global standards and policies that ensure all legal entities within the IJM global organization are in good standing, which includes both compliance with external requirements and implementation of IJM’s governance philosophy.
- Develop and maintain systems and tools to promote governance and good standing compliance and reduce associated risk; including the governance compliance tracker and scorecard.
- Support the development and implementation of process, tools and systems for registering new offices and entities in a streamlined, efficient manner and reducing associated risks.
- Assist the Global Governance Officer in providing communication and training to support governance and good standing compliance and reduce associated risk.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- At least (5) years of professional work experience in corporate governance, board management or project management; or an advanced degree or training in a related technical field preferred;
- A juris doctorate is not required, but legal experience, especially in non-US legal systems, is preferred;
- Knowledge and experience with international new office openings or related projects;
- Organized, detail oriented and thorough while being able to keep up with demand of requests;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple or competing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven organization and prioritization skills;
- Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate in a simple, concise manner; and
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage cross-cultural and cross-functional relationships.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to International Justice Mission (IJM) on ijm.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Application Engineer at Lwala Community Alliance (LCA)
- Short Term Consultant: Ed Tech Consultant at IREX
- Senior Board Affairs Officer & Committee Secretary (CAHR) at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Technical Officer – Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) at Women in the New Nigeria (WINN)
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer at Women in the New Nigeria (WINN)