Save the Children is currently recruiting for the following position:
Proposal Writer – USAID/Bangladesh Community Nutrition and Health Activity
Total paid consultant days: up to 20 eight-hour days between December 1, 2021 and January 31, 2022
- To lead the proposal writing of Save the Children’s (SC) proposal in response to USAID/Bangladesh’s Community Nutrition and Health Activity.
- To compile input of technical staff in collaboration with SC’s Technical Lead on the proposed technical approaches and strategies.
- To solicit feedback from technical staff to ensure a responsive, final product.
- To provide input into the technical design, including program description, management plan, and institutional capacity sections.
Description of Services:
After the RFA releases, the consultant will:
- Review the final RFA.
- Participate in strategy meetings/phone calls with SC and partner staff.
- Serve as the Lead Writer for SC’s proposal working closely with SC’s Proposal Director and SC’s Technical Lead. The consultant will incorporate team input and feedback into a responsive proposal, to include:
a. Participating in the proposal design workshop and strategic meetings.
b. In collaboration with the broader technical team, participating in follow-up meetings to review the proposed project design, strategy, and illustrative activities, and ensure all relevant information is succinctly incorporated into the final proposal.
c. Sharing drafts for review and feedback as necessary and upon request.
d. Working closely with the Technical Lead and Proposal Manager to set deadlines for writing contributions from SC and partner staff and coordinating with colleagues responsible for completing work.
- The consultant will be responsible for the following sections, with input from other writers:
a. Executive Summary
b. Technical Approach with inputs from the Technical Lead and technical contributors
c. Conceptualizing and contributing to proposal graphics, including theory of change as/if needed
d. Technical Annexes, as appropriate
- The consultant will contribute to and edit the following sections:
a. Management Approach
b. Institutional Capacity
c. Past Performance
- Public Health professional with a minimum of 15 years of experience with nutrition and health programming.
- Demonstrated experience preparing large, complex USAID nutrition and health proposals.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with ability to independently schedule and prioritize tasks and work under multiple tight deadlines.
- Ability to work productively and successfully with a diverse range of staff, both US- and country-based.
- Must commit to conducting/reviewing background research, participating in meetings, and providing up to 20 days LOE, to be completed before January 31, 2021.
It is expected that the consultant will write a proposal in response to USAID’s RFA requirements, with particular attention and adherence to the review and evaluation criteria. The consultant will report to the Proposal Director, and will work closely with the Proposal Manager and US and in-country technical contributors in various areas. Deliverables will include drafting and consolidating technical content in line with USAID’s instructions, sharing sections for team feedback and review, and finalizing a proposal by an agreed upon timeline.
Post RFA deliverables – Estimated 20 days
First Technical Draft: Estimated 8 days, subject to changes in proposal calendar
Second Technical Draft (if possible): Estimated 5 days, subject to changes in proposal calendar
Final Technical Draft: Estimated 7 days, subject to changes in proposal calendar
Payment will be made by wire transfer upon successful and satisfactory completion of the aforementioned deliverables.
*All timeframes are based on a 4-week proposal development calendar and will be refined and agreed to upon solicitation release.
How to apply
Qualified applicants should submit their CVs directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.