Coordinating Organistions : HelpAge International, Oxfam-Solidarité and WSM vzm
Closing Date : 03rdMarch’ 2022, 17:00 hours UK time
Location : Flexible
This consultancy takes place in the context of the implementation of the EU-funded programme “Synergies in Social Protection and Public Finance Management”, implemented in Cambodia, Nepal, Senegal and Uganda by WSM, HelpAge International and Oxfam-Solidarity, cooperating under the umbrella of the Global Coalition for Social Protection Floors**.**
Since the start of the action, the three organisations have invested in its alliance-building work in all 4 countries through the strengthening of existing networks or by setting up new national networks composed of trade unions, social movements, NGOs, associations and other types of CSOs, in order to engage effectively with the relevant stakeholders with regard to the project implementation, in particular with government social protection decision making bodies and delivery institutions. Halfway the project implementation, these networks have taken on different forms and compositions in each of the countries, have gained various strengths and levels of knowledge, and have started to engage with other, external stakeholders in different ways and in different contexts.**
We are looking for an expert to support us in extracting our learnings and to capitalise on our strategies in the 4 countries with regard to the setting up and/or strengthening of national social protection networks, platforms or coalitions in the context of this programme, making them fit for purpose.
The expert will design a learning framework, support the implementation of the learning process by the 4 country teams, facilitate exchange between countries, and produce a report, based on the results of these exercises. The details are available in the Terms of Reference attached to this advertisement.
- The consultant will aim to produce a draft learning framework before 15 April 2022, followed by an online feedback session, in the third week of April 2022.
- The consultant will finalise the learning framework within 1 working day, after the feedback session.
- The consultant will accompany the four country teams and/or participate online in the national workshops and organise a debriefing session, investing at least two working days in total for each country, in the period 25 April 2022 to 25 May 2022.
- The consultant will aim to prepare and conduct an online multi-country exchange in the first week of June 2022.
- The consultant will write the draft report before 17 June 2022.
- The consultant will organise an online feedback session and finalise the report within 1 working day before the end of June 2022.
- Proven competence in facilitating participatory learning trajectories
- A sound understanding of the-dynamics of networks, coalitions or platforms that aim to influence policies and practices in a context of developing countries.
- Capacity to produce knowledge products and to present complex lessons learned, in a way understandable and inspirational to outsiders.
- Understanding of development projects aimed at advocacy and influencing.
- Fluent in both English and French
- Master’s degree in development studies, sociology, organisation development or similar.
- At least five years of experience working with CSOs, including Trade Unions, as trainer, facilitator, or capacity development specialist with a focus on advocacy and influencing.
- Knowledge on national social protection frameworks and government’s budget cycles.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ideally, relevant experience in one or more countries covered by the project, or in similar countries.
How to apply
How to Apply
Please visit HelpAge International website to view the full Terms of References: https://www.helpage.org/who-we-are/jobs/learning-and-capitalisation-process-cso-and-trade-union-network-building-on-social-protection/
Interested consultants are invited to submit:
- A motivation letter and a working proposal
- A price offer around an indicative budget of 16.000 €, including VAT and applicable taxes.
- A CV and proof of experience in the advertised field.
For more information and for submitting your proposal, please write to HelpAge-HR@helpage.org
Last date of submission: 3rd March 2022 17:00 hours UK time. We will be evaluating the applications on a rolling basis, so we encourage interested applicants to apply at the earliest.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
The winning candidate will receive additional information and will be briefed at the start of the assignment.