The Global Campaign for Education (GCE) is seeking to recruit for the following position: LEARNING OFFICER
Job purpose: To improve GCE’s learning and documentation of impact and influence, supporting GCE’s research, policy, campaigns and programmatic work to generate and disseminate impact, lessons and best practices.
Scope: The Learning Officer will support all knowledge exchange and learning initiatives and activities from all GCE’s operational units. This post will play a crucial role in facilitating and catalysing knowledge exchange and learning across the GCE movement on key thematic areas aligning with GCE’s strategic goals. The post holder will work with existing systems to generate and share lessons. The post holder is expected to be a convener and facilitator of learning processes and not a thematic expert in GCE’s strategic and thematic areas.
Location: Johannesburg, SA
Reporting to: Monitoring, Evaluations and Learning (MEL) Manager
Employment Type: Fixed-term contract with possibility of renewal, to commence ASAP
Duties and Responsibilities:
Support organisational learning
- Develop practical plans to support knowledge exchange and learning for across the GCE movement.
- Proactively engage with research, policy, campaigns and programmes teams to identify and prioritize key thematic learning opportunities and gaps from the GCE Secretariat and Movement.
- Follow up and coordinate thematic communities of learning within thematic area with research, policy, campaigns and programmes teams of the GCE movement
- Oversee the roll out, maintenance and content creation for the GCE Learning Hub.
- Engage with GCE members to facilitate sharing of their learning initiatives, lessons and best practices.
- Facilitate learning discussions in various knowledge and shared learning avenues, including but not limited to virtual or on-site workshops, conferences, and webinars, at global, regional or country-specific levels.
- Establish and maintain a knowledge exchange and learning network within GCE membership (national, regional and global level).
Development of learning resources and publications
- Responsible for production and dissemination of knowledge and learning products i.e best practices, lessons learnt, success stories, synthesis of best practices from GCE members feeding to GCE’s Learning Hub and to the Communication’s Function.
- Support synthesis and dissemination of research and evaluation findings and other user-friendly products.
Lead membership management and engagement
- Maintain an efficient membership administration updating the Membership database on Salesforce, analysing and keeping abreast on the state of the GCE membership.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of GCE members ensuring we identify their thematic expertise , any emerging trends, and key contributions to the GCE movement.
- Develop and facilitate a plan for effective membership engagement in GCE learning processes and learning hub
- Provide regular data and statistical analysis regarding GCE membership and engagement in GCE processes and learning initiatives
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, development studies, economics or other related fields.
- Relevant experience in knowledge management or project management, ideally within an international development context.
- Experience of facilitating virtual meetings, workshops and webinars.
- Good computer literacy skills and able to work with Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce, and SharePoint.
- Strong data management and analytical skills, with the ability to produce learning materials in accessible formats.
- Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and verbal form.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, as well as strong writing and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills over email, by phone and in person.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, deliver on time and to prioritize a complex workload.
- Self-starter, autonomous and able to manage own workload efficiently.
- Cultural sensitivity, ability to work with colleagues in different locations and demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies.
- An understanding of grassroots civil society activism, especially networks and the ability to motivate and engage staff and individuals from diverse coalition member organizations.
- A commitment to GCE’s core values, principles and mission to promote the right to education.
- Experience of working in a donor funded environment or an international organisation.
- Competency in one or more of GCE’s other official languages – Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese, French.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your application letter and a CV/resume (2 pages maximum), including at least two contactable references, to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date: Sunday, 31 July 2022. Please indicate the job title you are applying for in the subject line of the email. For further information on GCE, please visit our website: www.campaignforeducation.org.
- GCE is an equal opportunity organisation and everyone is encouraged to apply.
- Please note that due to high volumes of applications that we receive, only complete applications will be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- GCE reserves the right to shortlist and interview on a rolling basis and in that case the job advert may be withdrawn at any time from job sites without notification.
Location: South Africa
- MEMBER SUPPORT ADVISOR at SOS Children’s Villages International
- Senior Accountant – Social Business Unit at Population Services International
- Financial Planning and Analysis Grants Analyst (Coordinator) at Human Rights Watch
- Development of a framework to address Sexual and Gender Based Violence at the workplace at International Labour Organization
- DIRECTOR- GRANTS AND COMPLIANCE, USAID JAMII TEKELEZI PROGRAM (UJTP) at Christian Health Association of Kenya