Position: Legal & Human Resource Associate
Organization: Silverleaf Academy Ltd
Reporting to: (directly) CFO & (indirectly) CEO
Location: Tanzania (Arusha) with regular trips to vaiour Regions
Contract: Full-time position
Length: 1 year
About Silverleaf Academy
Silverleaf believes that quality education should be accessible to every child. We know education helps level the playing field. We are attempting to build Tanzania’s first group of affordable primary schools, educating children aged 3-14.
Our mission is to provide lower-middle income urban families with the highest quality education possible at the most affordable price. Silverleaf schools deploy a tablet-based curriculum inside every classroom, and adopt an innovative team teaching and in-service training approach.
Our schools are designed to combat widespread student underperformance typically seen within highly resource constrained Tanzanian schools. It is our promise to our students and their parents that Silverleaf students will not leave without full mastery of the basic skills of writing, reading and counting, whilst also being prepared for a world where critical thinking, team collaboration, and entrepreneurship are paramount. Silverleaf currently operates 2 campuses, in Zanzibar and Usa River, as well as supporting the launch of a new accelerator program for schools positioned to eventually support 10’s-100’s of existing primary schools.
About the Role
The Legal and Human Resource Associate will lead the organization’s legal affairs, human resourcing strategy and delivery of people development and talent management related to all of Silverleaf’s staff, schools and departments across regions of Tanzania. The Legal and Human Resource Associate is responsible for the design and execution of Silverleaf Legal functions, Human Resource Management Strategy and System, S/he will lead all activities of legal, administration and management of Human Resources functions.
This role is expected to
ensure good collaboration and coordination with all Silverleaf’s stakeholders across the country, while ensuring the integrity and effectiveness of Silverleaf’s distinct contribution to attainment of organizational objectives.
S/he should be an innovative, results-oriented individual who can create and deliver a vision, and ensure organization compliance and managing team member expectations.
The Legal and Human Resource Associate will work closely with the CFO, COO and CEO and sit within the Central team of the organization.
- Be in-charge of all legal affairs of Silverleaf and its affiliated entitie
- Notarization of all Silverleaf and affiliated entities documents.
- Advise the organization on all legal matters and liaise with various regulatory bodies to ensure that Silverleaf consistently complies to various laws and regulations of URT.
- Advise the organization on legal issues pertaining to foreign employees, volunteers, visitors and International Professionals and liaise with Imigration, Employment and other laws.
- Lead on Visa, Work permits and residents permits of all Silverleaf foreign staff
- Leading, advising and preparing company contracts with all other parties.
- Coordinate staff performance review, maintain and update the HR management system with all employee information, Inclusive of policies governing the relationship between the people., Silverleaf and their professional growth.
- Updating organizational structure. Support in Workforce planning, distribution and recruitment
- Coordinate with Insurance companies for staff benefits & assist in preparing policy, guidelines, and systems for staff safety measures.
HUMAN RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review HR processes and suggest improvements. Advise and assist management and employees in HR related issues and concerns
- Team member attendance and time management (Work hours, overtime, staff gap, leaves, etc)
- Issue contract and letters to all employees (Offer, contracts, transfer, separation, warning, retrenchment, retirement etc)
- Provide feedback to the management to enhance a better and cordial working environment.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans. Book testing, schedule interviews and prepare employment contracts
- Develop and implement Human Resources strategy, Lead the process of review of job descriptions and the preparation of new and/or revised job descriptions in line with organizational human resource strategy
- Assist in developing and implementing staff professional development programmes
- Prepare and implement staff motivation plan, arrange effectively social events and activities
● Must have Bachelor Degree in law (LLB)
● Must be currently registered and recognised advocate of High court of Tanzania,
● Practicing experience in corporate compliance and company services for a minimum of two years, preferably in Tanzania
● Fluent in English, swahili would be an advantage
● Tech lit
● Time keeping
● Google suites experience
● Previous experience working with payroll and HR system(specifically PAYTAN is an advantage)
● Court experience
● Labour law specialization
● Corporate law experience
What we bring to the table
● A chance to make a real difference and gain experience in a dynamic and growing organization
● An opportunity to develop both personally & professionally
● Exposure to working with a multicultural team
● Strong professional development and growth potential
● Excellent references You’ll fit into our culture if you:
● You show a deep commitment to Silverleaf’s mission, vision, and culture
● You are constantly seeking new opportunities to add value to your work
● You value high standards of professionalism and rigor
● You value transparency as key to building collaborative teams
● You have an entrepreneurial approach to addressing challenges
How to apply
If you think you would be a good asset to Silverleaf Academy,
please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com with subject line ‘Legal & Human Resource’ clearly stated
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Youth Development & Employment Team Leader at Heifer International
- Chief of Party for Tanzania Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira Activity at Tetra Tech
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Coordinator at CARE International
- Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer at CARE International
- Project Manager at CARE International