Fixed term | 12 months | ASAP
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Since 2011, ACTED has been providing humanitarian aid and has supported civils society and local governance building throughout Libya, from its offices in Tripoli and Benghazi, as well as Tunis. The NGO responds to the humanitarian challenges faced by the country and supports displaced people, who are particularly vulnerable in the current context. . Under its Civil Initiatives Libya banner, ACTED is also offering capacity building, grants, and networking opportunities to civil society and local governance actors. Community resilience is further enhanced with the capacity building of social enterprises.
You will be in charge of
The Country Finance Manager (CFM) is a key member of the Management Team at country level. He/she will be responsible for ACTED financial management in-country under the authority of the Country Director and Finance & Administrative Director in HQ. The CFM ensures that national legislation is adhered to, and that ACTED’s financial standards are applied in terms of accounting, financial control systems, internal / external reporting processes, in order to ensure an efficient use of resources. He/She leads, provides technical support and capacity building to the country finance and administrative staff. The CFM shall alert the Country Director and Finance Director in case some major problems arise with a potential financial impact on the mission.
Accounting and treasury Management
- Accounting management – supervise the accounting cycle for the mission
- Treasury management – ensure a controlled and smooth cash management
Commitment of expenditures, budget control, & Financial Management
- Commitment of expenditure – guaranty budget availability and compliance to ACTED and donor’s procedures before releasing payments
- Project budget follow-up, mission’s cost control, internal & external audits – anticipate and mitigate financial risks ensuring operations are run in a compliant and cost-efficient manner
Project financial cycle management
- Develop project budgets and reports – ensure the financial feasibility of projects, respecting ACTED and donors’ rules and deadlines
Team leadership & other tasks
- Manage the team: definition of ToRs, recruitment, appraisal, training, internal mobility
- Promote strong & structured articulations with all ACTED teams
- Plan field missions
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Msc in Finance, Audit, Business Management, Economics or equivalent;
- 3+ years of solid experience in financial & budget management;
- Excellent financial and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance;
- Ability to manage a financial team and demonstrate leadership;
- Ability to monitor and evaluate financial skills of teams through capacity-building efforts;
- Ability to undertake serious responsibilities and to manage stress efficiently;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Prior knowledge of the region an asset.
- Salary between 2700 and 2900€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Contribution to a housing allowance of up to 75% of ACTED benchmark or accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Please note that ACTED does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Job City Tunis
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Financial Accountant at Save the Children
- INGO Platform Manager, Ethiopia at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Durable Solutions Consultancy at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Grants Manager Niger Niamey (Niger Nationals only) at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Programme Manager (Shelter and Non-Food Items) at International Organization for Migration