Limited Emergency, Crash & Rescue / Fire Fighting Services
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- CTG is looking to contract an experienced contractor to perform the services mentioned below for our operations in Mali.
- Provision of emergency, crash & rescue / fire fighting services within Timbuktu airport in hazardous atmosphere with extremely high temperatures.
- Use self contained breathing apparatus, fire hose & firefighting truck & being familiar with fire ground tactics & operations.
- Ensure that all fire safety equipment is in place & ready for urgent use.
- Prepare firefighting equipment’s check list.
- Inspect airport facilities to including ramp for potential fire hazards.
- Conduct weekly & monthly inspections of fire extinguishers & firefighting equipment’s.
- Perform emergency, crash & rescue activities in response to aircraft fire emergency or aircraft crash as per established emergency response procedures & assist the passenger’s in the event of aircraft evacuation.
- Perform all types of duties related to the fire & safety services.
- Ability to use all types of radios & speak clearly.
- Perform other duties related to the emergency, crash & rescue / fire fighting activities.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- High school diploma or certificate or technical training in firefighting or from a fire brigade school / training centre plus certification or technical training as an aviation fire fighter is required.
- Training as fire fighter vehicle operator, in fire & rescue, dangerous good & basic first aid is essential.
- Holder of a valid driving license for mechanical handling equipment is also essential.
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience related to aviation firefighting.
- Experience in aviation firefighting techniques & aviation firefighting vehicles CAT 3 & CAT 5.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply