AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeria currently operates in 7 states including; Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide.
We are recruiting a highly competent, dynamic and experienced individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Linkage Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: State Clinical Coordinator & Prevention Program Manager
- The position of Linkage Coordinator is an important service working with a multidisciplinary team at the regional or provincial level.
- The job holder will ensure effective coordination, planning, supportive Supervision, capacity building, reporting and performance review/assessments of linkage and retention activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support clinics to ensure linkage and retention operations are consistent with standard operating procedures or protocols.
- Ensure the requisite resources are available to facilitate implementation of linkage and retention activities
- Ensure linkage and retention activities are planned with clear performance targets
- Build alliances with other health providers to ensure clients and patients are connected to non-biomedical support services
- Ensure all linkage and retention operations in different clinics under their jurisdiction are effectively coordinated.
- Work with other health service providers, government clinics and partners to develop functional referral directories that will be used to ease tracking of clients. He or she must equally ensure smooth relationships between providers.
- Ensure that the capacity building/training for all Linkage Assistants and community tracers so as to ensure service delivery complies with laid down procedures.
- Review all linkage barriers brought to his or her attention by the Linkage Assistants and work with other departments, partners and governments entities to figure appropriate remedies.
- Periodically conduct support supervision and provision of technical support to Linkage Assistants and community tracers.
- Ensure routine linkage and retention data is collected using standard tools, reports complied and submitted on time including checking accuracy of data collected.
- Ensure routine performance assessment reviews are conducted against key performance indicators and supporting sites to address the challenges hindering performance.
- Work with clients that have missed appointments and disengaged from care, establish contact with them, bring them back to care and offer additional counseling and support to ensure that they are retained.
- Assist in implementing and evaluating linkage to care strategies for both newly diagnosed HIV positive clients and those lost to follow up clients (LTFU).
- Identify, document and share clinic-based factors that limit client satisfaction and there by affecting client engagement in care
- Work with QA/QI teams to update and revise all documentation tools process and create new models.
- Arrange client engagement sessions such as focus group discussions and interviews to identify factors that can affect their continued engagement in care and relay this feedback in an organized and timely manner to the clinic team
- Perform other duties as may be assigned as needed.
Get All the Latest International NGO jobs, Humanitarian jobs, NGO Job Vacancies in Africa, Nigeria 2022 at NGOJobsAfrica
Education and Experience
- Must possess a Degree or its equivalent in either of the following disciplines Psychology, counseling and guidance, social works and administration, social sciences, Nursing
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with clients in public health institutions, community services or medical setting.
- Must have experience working with people living with HIV, and /or other chronic illness, substance users, and persons with mental diagnoses.
- Should have strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to function under dynamic circumstances and proficiency in computer skills.
- Have undergone at least a short course training in HIV Care and management
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
Monday; 25th April, 2022 (5pm).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application (CV and Cover Letter) as one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Also, your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS word or PDF format.