Position: Livelihoods and Economic Inclusion Specialist
Since 2015, NRC Nigeria has been working to help displacement affected communities meet their basic needs, improve their livelihoods, access essential services, and enhance their resilience to future shocks through our six core competencies: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter, Education, Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Livelihoods and Food Security (LFS), Camp Management, and Protection. NRC provides immediate assistance during the onset of emergencies through the Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM).
About the role
The purpose of the Livelihood and Economic Inclusion (LEI) Specialist position is technical development of the Livelihood and Economic Inclusion strategic direction and quality assurance. The LEI Specialist is responsible for mentoring, training, capacity building staff, programme development and coordination*.*
Some of your role & responsibilites will include:-.
- Improve the enabling environment for IDPs, returnees, and host community to work including through advocacy on the right to work as well as access to economic opportunities and services.
- Seeking new and strengthening existing partnerships including with the private sector, development actors, government institutions, and specialized agencies to advance the economic inclusion
- Enhancing ongoing livelihoods and economic inclusion programming through evidence-based and market-driven approaches to improve economic inclusion outcomes
- In a consultative process take lead of development and periodic update of the Livelihood and Economic Inclusion programme at Country Office level and ensure the management and implementation of the program activities in line with LEI policies, strategies, and procedures.
- Promoting and coordinating the development of new initiatives and responses to emerging enterprise development such as integration of the principles of green economy development, value addition and access to Finance.
- Promoting use of technology in the Livelihood Economic inclusion program including digitalization of Saving groups, market linkages and attachment to entrepreneurships.
- Facilitating the implementation of specified project development plans, providing overall partnership and technical support in the conceptualisation, design, planning, budgeting, and implementation.
- Promoting digital financing, financial literacy, credit plus activities, Food security entrepreneurship and commercial village concepts in all the LEI programs.
- Ensuring job creation, green skilling, financial inclusion, and improved livelihoods through training marginalized and vulnerable Youth and women (including people with disability) in green skills.
- Develop plans, procedures, criteria of eligibility, systems or appropriate tools for timely initiation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the EI programme.
- Work closely with the M&E staff and partner mentors to conduct regular monitoring of program activities to ensure quality and provide timely feedback to partners on issues for follow up.
What you will bring
- Minimum 6 years of experience within Livelihood & Economic inclusion while Cash & Markets programming in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Solid experience from managing and implementing Livelihood and Economic Inclusion related responses including cash-based programming, in both volatile and recovery contexts.
- Highly experienced in programme management associated to natural resource protection and socio-economic recovery, particularly relating to renewable energy and Innovation, financial inclusion and employment support including apprenticeship schemes.
- Strong capacity in leading proposal development.
- Documented experience working with donors and conversant with their technical frameworks, strategic priorities and reporting requirements (e.g. ECHO, WFP, Unicef, NMFA, Sida);
- Understanding and experience of carrying out Livelihood, Market and Cash & Voucher assistance monitoring and analysis, with the ability to devise and adapt tools to context.
- Behavioural competencies in Strategic thinking;Empowering and building trust;Influencing;Working with people
Find more details& apply! JD – Livelihood and Economic Inclusion Specialist Nigeria.docx
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
- 12months contract renewable
- Grade 9 in NRC’s grade structure
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
**Apply by completing all the system required fields of your experience in your application**
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- MEL Advisor – Resilience Food Security Activity at Concern Worldwide
- Impact Evaluation on O&M for Water System Sustainability in Turkana County at Oxfam GB
- Support Manager (Kalemie) at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Safeguarding Strategy Lead at International Rescue Committee
- Terms of Reference (ToR) Training project staff on ILO business development modules at Islamic Relief