CARE International is a major humanitarian agency delivering emergency relief and long-term international development projects.
Livelihoods Project Officer- CASCADE
The purpose of the Livelihoods Project Officer is to provide leadership in the delivery of the CASCADE activities on increasing women’s access/control and influence over of household and agricultural assets and incomes, specifically the delivery of the Farmer Field and Business School, Social Analysis and Action and VSLA methodologies in the project. The Project Officer will work with partners and other stakeholders in equipping the small-holder women farmers and community-based trainers with the necessary capacities for increased food and nutrition security in the targeted project implementation areas. Jointly with the Project team, S/He will be responsible for planning and implementation of the CASCADE, monitoring, Evaluation, and documentation; partnerships development, coordination and representation at the County level and maintenance of the Project resources among other activities related to the achievement of CASCADE project objectives in the area of operation.
RESPONSIBILITY 1: Planning & implementation of CASCADE project milestones-40%
- Conduct community entry activities, adapting the FFBS to the agricultural seasonal cycle
- Together with social services, VSLA groups and agriculture extension department identify community-based trainers (CBTs) for the intervention
- With support from the CASCADE Project Manager develop FFBS training modules for the selected value chains
- Conduct TOT for Extension and CBTs on the FFBS and SAA
- In collaboration with the Country agriculture extension departments, support training of staff and partners and community-based trainers on the farmer field and business school model and SAA
- Support linkages between the trained female small scale farmers to allow inter and intra skills transfer and support and implementation of the action plans generated from the SAA.
- Jointly with the Country Agriculture extension departments, establish FFBS at the community and apply the FFBS (trainings and dialogues) as a capacity strengthening model around agency, structure and relation on agriculture, markets, financial services and business development skills for women and project targets
RESPONSIBILITY 2: Supporting Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning on CASCADE-30%
- Liaise with Project Manager and MEAL Coordinator to ensure preparation of timely draft narrative reports meeting donor standards.
- Support in the development of annual workplans, and detailed implementation and monitoring plans.
- Identify and document challenges in implementation that would have negative impact and or undermine the performance of the project, identify solutions and implement actions on timely basis to avert negative performance in consultation with project manager and M&E Coordinator.
- Share monthly data on indicator performance, discuss and ensure partners are aware of the indicators performance and that they can identify actions to enhance performance
- Timely respond to all data queries on Project arising from MEAL Coordinator, partners and Project team
- Monitor compliance of project implementing partners and monitoring progress of work plan implementation in consultation with Project Manager.
- Collaborating with the Project Manager and the M&E Coordinator, facilitate in trainings and orientation of stakeholders on data requirements for the project, management and data for decision making.
- Facilitate the collection and verification of data on all indicators.
- Working closely with Project team and partners to support the documentation of Human-Interest Stories and lessons learnt for internal and external dissemination.
RESPONSIBILTY 3: Linkage and networking with other collaborators – 20%
- Represent CARE in relevant community development planning meetings.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with other CARE colleagues and project staff, project Partner, County government, MOA, collaborators, other stakeholders and enhance CARE image.
- Liaise with the Relevant County government officials, collaborators, and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Enhance teamwork and synergy in programming and CAREs activities.
Other Responsibilities as assigned-10%
- Keep up to date with CARE’s emerging strategies and approaches and contribute proactively towards implementation. Take responsibility for ensuring personal safety and security, giving due care and consideration to the impact of personal decisions on the safety and security of others
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as agriculture, agriculture economics, agriculture policy, agribusiness
Experience and Competencies Required
- At least three (3) years’ experience in agronomy, agricultural markets and value chain development, business planning
- Strong abilities in, understands market system change, is flexible, self-initiative.
- Practical experience supporting the development of farmers’ and farmers’ enterprises
- Demonstrated capacity to work with private sector players (financial institutions, exporters, buyers, traders, transporters, input suppliers or processors)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS computer packages
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- The ability to work independently, think innovatively and strategically and work effectively within a team
- Fluency in written and spoken English and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed understanding and experience of gender and diversity issues and commitment to addressing inequalities in all the key areas of responsibility
- Demonstrate high levels of initiative and flexibility in tasks undertaken
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of participatory approaches
- Understanding of development/relief issues
Closing: 15 August 2022