Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Livestock Productivity Lead, Nigeria Livestock
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Livestock Productivity Lead for an anticipated livestock program in Nigeria funded by USAID. The Activity will explore practical, cost effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states.
The program is anticipated to start in late December 2022 and this position will be based in Nigeria.
- Design and implement strategies focused on increasing livestock productivity through animal health and nutrition, husbandry, herd management, and breeding practices
- Lead initiatives enhancing livestock management learning and adoption of best practices
- Design, test, and scale market-led mechanisms to promote and deliver inputs and services to livestock producers
- Develop partnerships to increase year-round access to affordable, high-quality animal feed
- Conduct targeted research on new/potential market channels and technologies, business models, and partnerships
- Design embedded extension solutions to facilitate the transfer of improved livestock rearing practices to producers
- A bachelor’s degree in livestock management, agriculture, animal sciences, or relevant field is required
- 5 years of experience working in livestock production and marketing in Nigeria strongly preferred
- Demonstrated track record of working with service providers in the livestock sector, including veterinary and input services
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required; Knowledge of regional languages is a plus
Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.