Mission: DR Congo | Base: Kinshasa
For the last 20 years, MAGNA has brought medical assistance to populations in danger in more than 15 countries. We deliver aide free of discrimination, giving priority to those in the most serious danger. Magna mission in DR Congo was opened in 2009 and our teams works in provinces like Kasai, Mai Ndombe, Equator and others.
Participating and collaborating with the Head of Mission in definition and implementation of all technical and logistics strategies and support to the field and coordinating the implementation of an efficient mission supply chain, according to MAGNA protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission. This implies ensuring the pertinence and coherence of logistics programs, the adequacy of the means provided and the compliance to MAGNA standards and protocols in order to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions and optimize the impact of the medical projects.
Tasks and responsibilities
- In line with MAGNA’s protocols, policies, standards and guidelines, ensuring the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the validated mission supply strategy
- Defining and ensuring the implementation of the overall supply procedures, of an efficient supply administration and providing adapted tools to support the different supply activities. Guaranteeing the standardisation of warehouse management focussing on medical stocks and the interactions with the distribution points
- Acting as a permanent auditor of the supply chain: as such, monitoring the different supply processes as well as the use of the tools and the accurate execution of the supply procedures, proposing adjustments where needed. Ensuring the stability of supply activities within regular and emergency intervention of the concerned projects
- Evaluating the HR set-up related to supply and managing the different supply teams in the mission (Coordination + Project) and participating in the selection, the follow-up and evaluation of the staff under his supervision
- Offering a permanent technical support to the supply teams as well as to all other departments in the mission (Finance, Medical)
- Managing field visits on regular basis to offer a permanent support to the direct and indirect supply stakeholders
- Validating the use of the supply related third parties (suppliers, transport companies, freight forwarders, etc.) proposed by the procurement officers, transport manager together with the technical referents when needed
- Monitoring the implementation of logistics/technical/supply activities in the mission ensuring compliance to MAGNA standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the HoM on the development of the ongoing programmes and proposing reorientation strategies when needed.
- In close collaboration with the HR department, participating in the recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing and performance evaluation of the logistics staff in the mission in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. Implementing all these related activities to the logistics staff under his/her direct responsibility.
- Ensuring technical reference for all logistics/technical issues in the mission and provides coaching to logistics staff.
- Ensuring installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in an adequate living condition as well as all the equipment required.
- Monitoring and implementing the technical aspects of the risk reduction rules: transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the mission security plan, evacuation plan and other contingency plans.
- Ensuring communication means in the Mission (including numbers frequencies), allowing permanent communication between capital, projects, bases and HQ.
Required knowledge and skills
Essential degree and specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain
- At least two years in relevant positions in humanitarian aid.
- Essential experience with MAGNA or other NGOs
- Essential working experience in developing countries.
Advanced French and English (C1 level).
A 1-year fixed-term MAGNA contract or volunteer agreement with a gross monthly salary between 2,185 to 2,359 euros based on your country of residence and experience.
Most costs associated with your assignment are covered, including transport (every 6 months to your country of domicile), visas, lodging and per diem (900 usd). MAGNA also provides medical coverage and medical repatriation insurance.
How to apply
Interested applicants can send only their CV including education, qualifications, contact number and relevant documents: by email, to address
The email subject line MUST include in the title of email the following to be considered: „LOG COR, DR CONGO”. E-mails without job title will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that you provide appropriate contact information (e-mail, mobile, etc.) and 3 professional references.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) Purpose Two Lead (DRC) at World Vision
- Programme Manager at Pepal
- Senior Technical Advisor, Education in Emergencies at International Rescue Committee
- Associate Community-Based Protection Officer, P2, Addis Ababa (JPO position open to candidates with Finnish nationality)
- Graphic Designer/ Illustrator at Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs