ALIMA in SUDAN:
ALIMA has been present in Sudan since 2021 with projects in South Kordofan and Khartoum states responding to urgent health and nutrition needs of populations affected by conflict and the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2023, ALIMA plans to open a new project in North Darfur and expand the ongoing project in South Kordofan, depending upon the availability of donor funds.
The coordination team, including the Logistics Coordinator, is based in Khartoum with several movements to the field in order to support the project team and ensure smooth operations on the ground. In addition to this support, the coordination will be responsible to analyze and propose new operations, renew and update the legal and administrative framework, and strengthen relations with Federal and state authorities, MoH, and partners (UN, INGOs, NGOs, and Donors) in the country.
ALIMA conducted two exploratory missions in Khartoum in May 2021 and one in South Kordofan in August 2021 which led to the opening of two projects and a subsequent exploratory mission in North Darfur in October 2022:
In August 2021, ALIMA launched a project supporting the Omdurman Isolation Center in the capital Khartoum in collaboration with the Sudanese Federal Ministry of Health. ALIMA teams facilitated the management of COVID-19 cases in the center through human resources support and training, as well as providing medical supplies (medicines and equipment). In February 2022, ALIMA worked to increase access to medical oxygen by installing a PSA (Pressure Swing Adsorption) Oxygen Plant at the Al Shaab Hospital, a 350-bed specialist referral hospital for cardiac and respiratory diseases in Khartoum which also is designated as a referral COVID-19 Treatment Center for severe cases. The new PSA Oxygen Plant provides general wards and the operating theater direct access to oxygen. MoH staff have been trained in Oxygen Therapy for optimal case management and on preventive and curative maintenance of key biomedical equipment.
In November 2021 ALIMA launched activities to support comprehensive emergency obstetrics and newborn care in the Maternity Department of the Kadugli Teaching Hospital in South Kordofan. In 2022, ALIMA increased its coverage of health and nutrition needs in the region with additional support for primary healthcare services at two public health centers and three mobile clinics in the Kadugli and Reif Arshargi localities. Subsequently, ALIMA further increased its activities supporting inpatient treatment in the Maternity and Paediatric wards. In January 2023, ALIMA implemented a rapid response to the influx of over 6,500 people newly displaced by conflict in Al Lagawa (West Kordofan) gathered at the Kadugli Bus Station Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) Camp.
In 2023, ALIMA will continue its activities in South Kordofan with additional nutrition activities for the treatment of Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM) and open a new project in North Darfur to support primary healthcare centers in two IDP Camps and a nutrition Stabilization Center.
The main activities to come will consist of:
In the short term:
– Obtain the necessary customs clearance and tax exemptions for the importation of international medical order;
– Support the opening of a new project base in El Fasher, North Darfur: Identify, assess, and the rental of an office and guesthouse, framework agreements with vendors for vehicles, fuel, etc.;
– Coordinate the procurement and transportation of essential supplies and equipment for the start of new project activities in South Kordofan and North Darfur;
– Recruit the necessary logistics staff to implement project activities.
In the mid-to-long term:
– Build the capacity of logistics staff in the mission and reinforce ALIMA’s policies and procedures;
– Ensure close follow up and maintenance of ALIMA’s assets, equipment, and facilities;
– Liaise with other humanitarian partners, UN agencies, and local and national authorities for the coordinated delivery of humanitarian assistance to beneficiaries.
MISSION LOCATIONS: the mission locations for the two positions are Kadugli and North Darfur, Sudan.
As we are looking for two (2) Logistics/Administration Managers, the next elements will concern both positions.
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINKS (for both positions):
- Report to (Direct): Project Coordinator/MedRef
- Report to (Functional): Log Coordinator, Fin Coordinator and HR Coordinator
- Staff Reporting to him: 3 (Admin Supervisor and Log Supervisor, Finance Supervisor)
PROTECTION OF BENEFICIARIES AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS:
Level 3: As part of his/her duties, the incumbent will visit programs and come into contact with children and/or vulnerable adults. Therefore, a criminal record check or a certificate of good character will be required. In situations where a criminal record check or character reference is not available, a statement of good character will be required.
- Managing human resources, including recruitment, training, and performance management of project staff.
- Establishing and managing financial systems and procedures that ensure proper accounting, reporting, and control of project funds.
- Managing the project’s logistical needs, including transportation, accommodation, and security.
- Coordinating the procurement and management of medical supplies and equipment, in collaboration with the project medical team.
- Ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, including taxation, labor laws, and donor regulations.
The Logistics/Administration Manager is responsible to define, implement and monitor logistics activities and objectives based on the ALIMA strategic planning, standards and protocols.
This involves the following tasks:
- Responsible to ensure the implementation of support (communications, electricity, transport, IT) and any other logistical activities required to achieve the medical objectives (construction/restoration, water & sanitation, cold chain, etc.).
- Responsible to manage and monitor the material resources for the project.
- Ensure installations and maintenance of functional office space and lodging facilities in the project in an adequate living conditions as well as all the equipment required with a support from the Logistics team at the field and from ALIMA Coordination team.
- Lead role in asset inventory, fleet, stock, contracts & follow up, vendors and price lists management of the project.
- Plays a role in supply chain for the Project with the direct support of the Supply Chain Manager of the coordination.
- Responsible to ensure implementation of the technical SOPs, policies of logistics/security procedures in the Project areas/zones according to ALIMA standard Logistics & Security Guidelines.
- Responsible to coordinates, organizes, supervises, coach and supports logistics team members’ performance to improve the logistics components of the project.
- Responsible to plan and supervise, in close collaboration with the Project Coordination, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development of skills and internal / external communication) of the project logistics staff in order to ensure the required performance and achieving goals, shall ensure implementation, manage and monitor the necessary reporting tools for logistics activities.
- Responsible to compiles the quantitative logistics data (consummations, stocks, distributions) and analyses them before transmission to the project coordinator and the Logistics coordinator in monthly reporting.
- Key member in training staff on security (for both local and expat staff).
- Participate in the development of the project proposal and project budget review.
- Ensure weekly/bimonthly and monthly Logistics reports as per ALIMA standards Guidelines.
FINANCE AND HUMAN RESOURCES
The Logistics/Administration Manager is responsible to define, implement and monitor human resources and finance activities and objectives based on the ALIMA strategic planning, standards and protocols.
This involves the following tasks:
- Implement Human Resources policies in the project and ensure the proper Administrative Management of all staff working in the project (National, International).
- Advise the Project Coordinator on the project’s organizational chart setup and, together with the HR Coordinator, update the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions.
- Calculate the HR operational needs and associated budget in close coordination with the Project Coordinator and the HR Coordinator to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the mission and facilitate budget follow-up.
- Participate in hiring, training, files updating, tax follow-up, holidays planning, and gap filling.
- Support the team on HR performance goals, resolving labour conflicts, and briefings.
- Implement circuits and workflows (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchase procedures, payment validations, follow-up of regular payments, bank conciliation) to anticipate expenses at the project level and optimize cash needs and its security.
- Implement and supervise transactional procedures and systems to ensure transparent accounting practices and full documentary traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), following ALIMA guidelines and rules and using the respective software in place.
- Ensure that monthly accountancy closure takes place and is controlled, with due quality and on time.
- Analyse and follow up on the project budget and financial reporting in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Finance Coordinator to ensure that funds are used according to funding contracts and propose corrective action.
- Perform any other assignments given by the Project Coordinator and members of coordination.
Expériences / Formation
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or Finance, Accounting or any other degree/diploma related to the position requirements- Interpersonal skills- Experience in working under pressure- Remains discreet about the professional and personal life of team members
- High level of Integrity
- Respect of deadlines
- Experience in working in harsh environment
- At least 3 years’ experience in the same position
- Additionally, proficiency in Arabic and French would be considered an asset.
- A strong command of both spoken and written English is essential for this position.
Contract term: contract under French law, 6 months’ renewable.
Salary: depending on experience + per diem
ALIMA pays for:
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter on our job page to the address https://hr.alima.ngo/jobs/detail/9789?utm_campaign=Campagne+d%27offres+&utm_medium=Website&utm_source=relief+web.
N.B: Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful.
Only full applications (CV + Cover Letter, both in PDF format) will be taken into account.
Only shortlisted applications will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Regional Human Resource Manager for East Africa and Great Lakes at Interpeace
- ASSISTANT DE PROJET, EYE CARE at Helen Keller International
- Program Assistant Food System at Helen Keller International
- Programme Manager (DDRR) at International Organization for Migration
- Conservation Pilot, Central African Republic at Wildlife Conservation Society