Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts, and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Logistics Coordinator or another designated staff, the Logistics assistant will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Filing of all necessary procurement documents and archiving electronically.
- Tracking and monitoring all original invoices and verifing before payment.
- Issuing tender documents to vendors on request after tender is announced.
- Assisting the procurement officer in updating suppliers list and price lists and regularly checking on price validity for updates..
- Data entry on procurement software (REGOLO) and uploading the required documentation accordingly.
- Ensure proper fuel storage and management at base and update the fuel tracking form deligently.
- Submit monthly logistics and fuel consumption reports to the Logistics Coordinator.
- Ensure the asset inventory regidter is updated regularly and submit to LogCo monthly or as per need.
- Support the identification and contracting of premises (office, guesthouses & warehouses) based on geographical, operational and financial criteria, in close liaison with the LogCo.
- Contribute to ensure proper working and living conditions for all staff in each premises by providing appropriate power supply, drinking water, stationery etc.
- Ensure preventive and and corrective maitenance of works of premises.
- Coordinate with relevant departments for travel arrangements and reservations as necessary.
- Manage vehicle fleet and ensure that the trip logs are counter-signed by the lead passengers.
- Schedule timely and regular preventive service of the generators.
- Support policy implementation in procurement / logistics to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of organization by working with respective coordinators.
- Undertake market survey on a regular basis to obtain prices at competitive costs for services and goods.
- Perform quarterly appraisal for vendors and update the supplier’s database.
- Code of conduct and associated policies
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity and apply COOPI’s Code of Ethics and Conduct, the UN Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) in the field, including sensitizing Field Monitors and vendors/agents on such principles.
- Promote the zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and ensure adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct and Anti-Fraud policy.
- This ToR shall be inclusive of any other task specifically those assigned by the Logistics Coordinator.
Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Experience, Competences, Skills)
- University Degree in either Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or equivalent, or another relevant field experience with additional years of related work experience and/or specialized training / courses.
- At least 3 years working with an INGO.
- Experience working in North West or North East is an added advantage.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Sound understanding of supply Chain and procurement cycle, concepts and principles with a broad knowledge of best practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of common procurement / logistics principles and possesses and the ability to quickly assimilate COOPI and donors’ processes and systems;
- Ability to rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information.
- Good communication and negotiation skills with the ability to persuade, influence and adapts quickly to different situations;
- Excellent oral, and writing skills.
- Well organized and detail-oriented;
- Ability to work independently and in a team with other departments and units.
- Be professional, motivated, flexible, and culturally sensitive
- Be excellent in communication skills and proficient in report writing especially tender reports and monthly reports.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programming (Access, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Excellent communication, writing, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, coordination, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work in a team, and establish effective working relationships with people from different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and simultaneously manage multiple tasks in an autonomous manner.
- Previous work experience with INGOs and UN Organization is desirable.
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa and Kanuri).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Previous experience in a similar position.
Application Closing Date
6th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Head of Project – WFP at Welthungerhilfe
- Lac Tele Community Reserve Director at Wildlife Conservation Society
- Head of Biomonitoring and Research Kahuzi-Biega National Park, DRC at Wildlife Conservation Society
- Social Safeguards Manager, DRC at Wildlife Conservation Society
- Law Enforcement Trainer, Kahuzi-Biega National Park, DRC at Wildlife Conservation Society