The Foundation for Refugee Economic Empowerment (FREE) is a purpose-driven humanitarian and development non-governmental organization that implements a range of portfolio through purposeful partnerships. FREE builds bridges for improved lives for people affected by calamity. Our mission is to support people affected by natural and man-made disasters, especially those who have suffered displacement to be able to get back their lives and livelihoods in no time.
We work also with underserved communities to ensure that they have basic facilities and services. Over the past 7 years, working closely with government, civil society and private sector partners, FREE has reached more than 1,000,000 beneficiaries across Nigeria with assistance in Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Food and Livelihood Assistance, Health and Nutrition Support, Education in emergency, among others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- With the support of the Response Coordinator, the Logistics Assistant is responsible for implementing and managing sound Logistics practices in the FREE Offices.
- The Logistics Assistant is responsible for supporting Response Coordinator, Finance Officer and programme team in facilitating the day-to-day operation of asset, premises, stores, and communications functions within FREE Offices.
- The Logistics Assistant is expected to work in close collaboration with Finance Officer by providing technical support and assisting daily logistics operations in FREE Borno Office.
Duties, Objectives and Competencies
- Support Finance Officer by ensuring that FREE Borno assets are accounted for and recorded on the Fixed Asset Register (FAR) as per FREE Asset management procedures and policies taking into consideration Donor requirements.
- Tracing the physical counts and update relevant paper works as per standards and requirements set in Manual, including coordination with Finance Officer in Assets checks in FREE Borno premises.
- Support Finance Officer by ensuring that adequate checks are in place for the recovery of FREE Borno assets from staff at the end of their time working for FREE.
- Ensure that all relevant reports, required authorisations and paperwork is maintained up- to-date and on file as per standards and requirements set in the Logistics Manual in FREE Borno Offices.
- Ensure that labelling any newly purchased or donated assets are finalized in timely and proper manner according to Logistics Manual for FREE Borno Offices.
- Support Finance Officer by preparing asset management documentation including Asset Receipt Certificates, GRN, Waybill etc.
- Ensure that adequate stock of accessories and assets are ready to be used in FREE Borno Offices
- Support Finance Officer on asset disposal documentation preparation in FREE Borno Offices.
- Support Finance Officer on raising the asset purchase requests needed in FREE Borno Offices such as A/Cs etc.
- Ensure that FREE Borno printers are ready to use by tracking the cartridges and regular services/repairs.
- Ensure to contact the relevant suppliers for supplies.
- Support Finance Officer on monitoring stock levels of Borno office and houses (accommodation) consumables and running stocks, grocery, household items, kitchen consumables are tracked and ordered in timely manner.
- Ensure to arrange all the activities and requirements for work related and social events, trainings, gatherings when required in FREE Borno Offices.
- Support Finance Officer on finalizing all utility payments for all FREE Borno Offices and premises on time.
- Ensure that all maintenance and repair to FREE Borno premises is kept up and performed appropriately when required.
- Ensure that all regular check and services for air conditioners, printers etc.in FREE Borno premises are kept up and performed in timely manner.
- Support Finance Officer on raising premises PRs such as furniture, construction, maintenance etc. for FREE Borno projects.
- The above list of duties is not exhaustive list.
- The Logistics Assistant is expected to complete additional responsibility and tasks as requested by the direct supervisor.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent Degree / HND.
- At least 3 years of proven experience NGO or private sectors.
- Professional working proficiency in English and Hausa Languages.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages.
- Committed team player and ability to work within a multicultural team.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a dynamic work environment.
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours or on weekends as required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience at working in multicultural environment.
Application Closing Date
Sunday; 6th November, 2022. (4pm WAT).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their recent CV along with a Cover Letter (no more than a page) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Interviews are expected to take place by 9th November, 2022.
- Do NOT apply for more than one position.
- Existing FREE staff are eligible to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Any employment with FREE could be subject to the following checks:
- Screening clearance
- Criminal records check
- Receipt of satisfactory references
Our values and commitment to safeguarding:
- FREE is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom FREE engages.
- FREE expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct.
- We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.
- We may request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
- By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.