World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Job ID: 2205029
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed Term Appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): Two years
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objective of the Program
- Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organisational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
Description of Duties
- Under the general supervision of the Logistics, Procurement & Travel officer and general guidance of the Operations Officer, the incumbent performs the following functions:Maintain an up-to-date record of all WHO fixed assets and attractive items.
- Supervise physical verification of fixed assets and generate collated quarterly reports from zonal logistics assistants. Maintain custody of fixed assets barcodes and accept assets in GSM while barcoding. Generate annual fixed assets movement cards based on the WHO e-manualXIII.
- Provide guidance on handling of non-functional equipment and assist with arrangements for proper disposal Conduct logistics function at the country office pertaining to office and official residences maintenance and management.
- Following up with relevant Government counterpart for transactions relating to the premises.
- Support verification of radio and satellite communication equipment for tracking and billing in close consultation with radio room and radio technicians.
- Liaise regularly with zonal and state offices to monitor operations activities and report on vehicle, staff movement, facilities maintenance and security related matters from zones.
- Regularly assess logistics needs for zonal and state offices and summarize recommendations for implementation.
- Prepare a monthly report to the Operations Officer on Logistic activities across the country including fixed assets, facilities maintenance and movement of stocks, office consumables and office equipment.
- Prepare monthly inventory report with indicative analysis giving recommendations on need for replacement and/or purchase of additional equipment Provide logistics support for upcoming logistics requirements as may be required.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical training in accounting, engineering and asset management
- University Degree in Engineering or Management Studies
- At least ten (10) years working experience in operations and logistics with a complex and diverse work environment,preferably an international organization
- At least 5 years’experience in inventory and ware house management
- Ability to plan,organize, coordinate and implement inputs from several sources; to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; to conceptualize and carry out tasks with little supervision; Very good understanding of operations and logistics in a complex work environment. Excellent knowledge offixed asset management and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Use of Language Skills
- Expert knowledge of English.
- WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at NGN 12,007,619 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Application Closing Date
10:59 PM; 15th June, 2022.
- Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- Job City Abuja