The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Associate G6 (Fixed Term) CBT Retailer Management
Requisition ID: 173416
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RB) and Country Offices (CO and Area/Field Offices.
- Job holders report to a Logistics Officer, Head of Unit or the designate.
- At this level, job holders demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services.
- There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders typically manage a small team, supervising and coaching staff.
- To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
- Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g., transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process.
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialized queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
- Create Service Entry Sheet (SES) and track invoices through the Invoice Tracking System (ITS) in compliance with corporate standards.
- Additional Key Accountabilities
- Analyse operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, especially E-Voucher to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
- Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g., invoice verification and clearance), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues while escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
- Promptly attend to Retailer’s complaints on payments, mobile point of sales (mPOS) and other devices for smooth running of their transactions.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
- Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
- Perform any other responsibilities that may be assigned.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: First Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Statistics and Mathematics.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
- General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in English Language and Hausa or Kanuri in use at the duty station.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role:
- Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
- Experience in compiling contract documentation.
- Experience in contract execution.
- Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2022,11:59PM Nigerian Time (GMT +1)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian nationals or holders of valid residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Project Logistics Manager at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Nutrition Project Coorinator at African Network for the Prevention and Protection against Child Abuse and Neglect
- AgriFI Programme Accountant (based in Nairobi, Kenya) at Self Help Africa
- Nutrition and Gender Assistant (based in Baringo County, Kenya) at Self Help Africa
- Technical Advisor to the Ethiopia Dracunculiasis Eradication Program at Carter Center