INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Duty station: Various locations
Starting date: //
Contract duration: According to needs
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: //
General context of the project
According to mission.
General purpose of the position
The Logistics Coordinator will respond hierarchically to HoM and technically to Area Logistics Coordinator. On the daily tasks as described in this ToR. The Logistics Coordinator also works in close collaboration with the PMs and Programme Coordinators if present and coordinates in a systematic manner with the HoM and Admin/Finance Department.
The Log Coordinator is responsible for overseeing, monitoring and guiding/improving the logistics operations of the INTERSOS Mission working closely with program and administrative staff to ensure comprehensive reporting, support and assistance to all INTERSOS activities.
In addition, the Log Coordinator is responsible for training and guidance on the management of the INTERSOS logistics/procurement management software.
In the framework of our COVID-19 response intervention, supplementary activities related to infection prevention and control may be required
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer at Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE)
Appel à manifestations d’intérêt consultant inclusion et handicap – Call for expressions of interest for inclusion and disability consultants At
Advisor, Emergency Nutrition At Save the Children – US
MediCapt Toolkit Consultant At Physicians for Human Rights
Senior Associate, Laboratory Systems At Clinton Health Access Initiative
121-2021-GAVI-RFQ-Senior Manager Vaccine Innovation Prioritisation Strategy – vaccine microarray patches At GAVI Alliance
Main responsibilities and tasks
The Logistics Coordinator defines and implements technical/logistic strategies and support to INTERSOS country program. S/He will ensure the pertinence and coherence of logistics programme, adequacy of the means provided and the compliance of INTERSOS and international standards; guarantee appropriate working conditions at mission’s level as well as the proper functioning of the IT infrastructure.
Specifically the Logistics Coordinator is responsible to:
- Establishing, harmonizing and maintaining appropriate standardized logistics procedures and policies across the mission and according to donor requirements including procurement, fleet management and IT procedures and mechanism.
- Seeking for guidance and validations from the Head of Mission and relevant staff at Headquarters when needed, and recommending needed changes.
- Ensuring proper implementation of logistics policies and procedures at the field level.
- Anticipating unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Coordinating with the Admin and Finance Department to ensure that payment processes to suppliers are made on-time and without any unnecessary strain on the financial systems.
- Managing staff and systems to maximize programme efficiency and delivery.
- Coordinating recruitment, training and support of field logistics staff, if necessary.
- Advising both managers and employees about policies and procedures.
- Planning and performing field audits to ensure consistency in process application and proper documentation and filing are maintained.
- Fulfilling other duties of similar level as needed.
- The Logistic Coordinator will be in charge of following up the procurements, dealing with the selected suppliers and organizing distributions at field level, in close collaboration with the Project Manager.
- Ensure effective and cost efficient procurement planning by liaising with technical staff, Heads of Base and/or Project Managers to ensure that procurement plans are detailed, in place and up to date.
- Maintain and update an established suppliers list and provide guidance to the logistic staff for the same purpose.
- Examining and re-evaluating existing service contracts and overseeing regular rent, utilities payments (i.e., electricity, water, gas, etc.), office maintenance contracts and running costs procedures.
- Remotely support the Logistic staff if necessary and supervise that logistic procedures and policies are in line with Intersos and donors’ requirements.
- Checking and coordinating with logistics staff that goods deliveries are done as planned and properly stored.
Fleet and asset management responsibilities
- Ensuring that the fleet is checked, regularly maintained and that vehicles are insured and taxes are paid.
- Following-up on proper monitoring of fuel consumption and use of vehicle log-book, maintenance log, oil log and other fleet formats and templates by field logistics staff.
- Ensuring that proper documentation of vehicles (i.e., lease, insurance, mechanical inspection, etc.) is properly handled by logistics staff.
- Supervising drivers’ conduct and training them when needed.
- Initiating regular fixed assets and inventory check on a quarterly basis.
IT management responsibilities
- Recommending information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by identifying problems; evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Planning, organizing, controlling and evaluating IT and electronic data operations, in collaboration with the Data Management Officer.
- Ensuring proper purchase, registration and maintenance of IT assets and office equipment (i.e., IT materials, communication materials, etc.).
- Coordinating IT support in the field offices and ensuring assets are used properly.
Required profile and experience
- Relevant degree and/or equivalent Logistics working experience.
- Relevant working experience of at least 3 years and previous Humanitarian experience.
- Flexibility, ability to work under pressure in a highly complex emergency context
- Excellent organizational skills in highly complex emergency operation
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- English or French. Preferably both
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Excellent ability to establish inter-personal relations and good negotiation skills
- Strategic vision.
- Service orientation.
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles.
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “**Platform issue** – SR–1489 – Logistics Coordinator”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.