Mission and context
Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent humanitarian organization providing medical aid to victims of man-made or natural disasters, epidemics and endemics. Its Operational Centre in Geneva is responsible for medical assistance programmes in 24 countries.
The OCG logistics operational team is composed of 5 Operational Logistics Referent (RLO) cell respectively in charge of the logistics of the missions under the management of the cell, 1 Polyvalent Log cell (RLO-P) providing ad-hoc support to different cells and 1 on field-based (flying) Logistics Coordinator (LogCo) Coach mentoring & coaching senior field logistics personnel directly in their work place (missions).
Tasks and Responsibilities
In the OCG logistics operational team
· Cover gaps of critical field logistics functions to ensure the continuity of support at field level
· Provide direct support to regular cells in their first field emergency responses (explo/action, situation assessment, first responses)
· Provide direct field support to regular mission / cells in adjusting logistics responses and provide immediate critical corrective measures while proposing medium to long term improvements
· Provide direct support to the field teams in their EPREP construction (logistics part)
In the field
· To guaranty the continuity of the field logistics management in case of
o Critical replacement of logistics functions without the possibility to ensure a hand over between the outgoing and the new comer
o Filling up critical logistics functions not covered due to recruitment/matching constraints
· In support to regular cells / missions teams, can act as E-LogCo in the first phase of an emergency handled by the regular project team to support or conduct the first explo or explo/action and propose tactical response to the acute logistics needs.
· In support to mission / cell, can perform logistics response managerial & technical review field visits. Such visit can be proposed by the mission, by the cell or by departments (logistics and/or operations) with the key objective to perform a review of the logistics response of a specific project in term of technical & managerial logistics set-ups and apply quick & urgent adjustments while proposing medium to long term improvements or corrective measures.
Experience and Skills
· Extensive and conclusive MSF LogCo experience in regular and emergency missions
· Solid polyvalent technical competencies in the domains of the MSF Logistics
· Mastering the OCG MSF logistics & assessment tools
· Excellent communication and writing skills in French and English
· Ability to listen and analyse the information
· Capacity to question without value judgment
· Positive attitude towards people
· Empathy and patience
· High mobility and flexibility to be reactive to immediate requests of intervention
Terms of Employment
· Fixed-term contract, 12 months
· Part-Time, 80%
· Working place : Field-based position with visits to the headquarters in Geneva
· Practical working conditions in the field are in accordance with the MSF OCG volunteer manual.
· Ideal start date: As Soon As Possible
· Gross monthly salary: CHF 5’500.- based on 100%
· Benefits: Health insurance and living expenses in the countries of intervention and at headquarters, paid according to internal regulations.
How to apply
Candidates submit their application following the requirements: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in French or English.
Deadline for application is May 11th, 2022
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.