African Parks is a non-profit conservation organisation that takes on the complete responsibility for the rehabilitation and long-term management of national parks in partnership with governments and local communities. We currently manage 19 national parks and protected areas in 11 countries covering over 14.1 million hectares in: Angola, Benin, Central African Republic, Chad, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Mozambique, the Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The Logistics Manager is responsible for the management of all matters related to logistics, including overseeing the movement, distribution, storage of all goods in the organization.
MAIN ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers;
• Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organisation to improve operational and financial performance;
• Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements;
• Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimization opportunities;
• Ensure the integrity of inventory accuracy and manage stock movements with the help of direct reports;
• Ensure that supplies are ordered in a timely fashion and that budgetary requirements are respected;
• Ensure that all logistical operations adhere to local laws and follow our donor requirements, including carrying out of environmental impact assessments;
• Planning the technical requirements and procurement of the correct equipment and goods, as required for the good running of the organizational activities;
• Ensuring the implementation of systems to ensure cost containment while working in collaboration with the Finance Department;
• Oversight and supervision of the purchasing and ordering of stock;
• Responsible for all stock inventory and accounting;
• Ensuring and training technical staff to achieve required standard of excellence;
• Ensure all safety and maintenance standards are met;
• Ensuring timeous delivery of the project’s logistical and infrastructure operations;
• Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reporting as per requirements; and
• Perform any other cognate duties as and when required by management.
• Field Operations Manager
• Park Manager
• Heads of Department
• Regional Operations Manager
• Regional Human Resources Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in a similar role, with a preference of two years (2) years with a conservation or non-profit organization;
• A post-graduate degree in logistics, supply chain management or other related field of study;
• Expert knowledge of technical regulations related to logistics such as customs regulations, including security requirements to include certification in dangerous goods handling and aviation security;
• High degree of knowledge and understanding of a variety of components of supply chain management;
• Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English in French;
• Strong capacity to manage time and competing priorities;
• Strong initiative, perseverance, and resilience;
• Willingness to live in a remote setting and with previous experience living in Africa;
• Good team player with experience working with multicultural teams.
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Saturday, 18th September 2021. Please mention the position name in the subject line of the email.
In case you do not hear from us within two weeks after the closing date, this means that your application was not successful.
We thank you for your interest in working for African Parks.
For more information or questions, do not hesitate the Regional Human Resources Director, Mr. Kevin Keenoo