Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. The Foundation has been helping children in need for over 50 years, defending their rights regardless of their race, creed or political affiliation. In over 30 countries, Tdh protects children against exploitation and violence, improves children’s and their mother’s health, and provides emergency psychological and material support in humanitarian crises.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Nigeria is a diverse country characterized by significant disparities between its southern and northern regions. While the southern regions have experienced growth and development, the northern regions have been severely impacted by a prolonged violent insurgency for over a decade.
- This has resulted in extensive humanitarian needs for millions of people and has exacerbated socio-economic inequalities in the region, particularly affecting a significant portion of the population.
- In the North-eastern part of the country, specifically in Borno (where Tdh is currently active), Adamawa, and Yobe states (collectively referred to as BAY states), the conflict arising from non-state armed groups (NSAGs) continues unabated.
- This ongoing conflict has led to numerous attacks, persistent insecurity, and the displacement of millions of individuals. It has also caused significant devastation to agricultural activities, livelihoods, and essential services, resulting in a profound protection crisis in the region.
- The Logistics Manager supports the Support Services Coordinator (SSC) regarding all the logistics components of the Delegation.
- She/He is responsible for the overall efficient, effective implementation of logistics Policies and procedures of the Tdh rules and regulations in compliance with donor and internal rules.
S/He works in complete line with the project strategy defined for the intervention and his/her responsibilities embrace:
- Procurement / Supply management
- Stock management
- Fleet management
- Equipment / Assets management
- Premises management
- HR management (Logistics team)
- Security / safety responsibility
Procurement / Supply Management:
- Ensure best practices and adherence to Tdh logistics policies
- Ensure the regular collection of all procurement/supply accurate data
- Handle framework and service contracts according to the established rules
- Liaise with program team to develop Procurement Plan for every new grant
- Emphasize quality and best value for money on all purchases
- Ensure warehouse organizational policies are respected
- Follow up to ensure warehouse records are updated on time
- Make sure donations of stocks must follow donor guidance
- Ensure the safety of stocks is highly considered in the warehouse.
- Carry out stock inventories quarterly
- Ensure the update and communication of the monthly stock inventory
- Supervise stock movements follow up
- Ensure proper adaptation of best practices in fleet management
- Under the supervision of the SSC, handle transportation contracts negotiation and follow up with suppliers
- Ensure a proper follow-up of movement and fuel is in place (logbook, monthly fuel follow-up, etc) and share the analysis with the SSC on a monthly basis
Equipment / Assets Management:
- Ensure with the logistics team a proper setting up and maintenance of the equipment
- Ensure the monitoring tools, including the follow-up and update of the equipment and accessories list are set up
- Guarantee the identification, registration, and labelling of all the equipment is properly and regularly done by the logistics team
- Ensure a physical inventory is done on regular basis and do spot-checks
- Handle rental and services contracts for all premises
- Ensure adequate and required equipment/furniture (with maintenance system) are in place and functioning
- Ensure with his/her team the follow-up and supply of office supplies
- Ensure qualitative management of the logistics team (recruitment, appraisal, training, disciplinary measures, …)
- Provide the SSC with monthly reports and forecasts (PSR follow-up, stock inventory, equipment follow-up, fleet follow-up, etc.)
Security / Safety Responsibility:
- Support the National Security Focal Point in all security-related matters
- Adhere strictly to Tdh security rules
- Ensure that safety equipment is present, up-to-date, and in compliance in the different offices, guest houses, and project locations
- Participate in updating the country security plan and security/safety guidelines
- Attend any relevant meetings in his field of expertise (UNHAS, Log Cluster, work groups, partners, etc.)
- Provide team members with the necessary logistics support for the successful implementation of the projects (drafting, implementation, and monitoring phases)
Competencies and Skills
- University Degree in the Logistics field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Logistics Manager or similar position.
- Previous experience with (I)NGO.
- Strong knowledge in the following fields: Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Fleet and Transport Management, Warehouse/Stock management, Equipment management, Premises management
- Advanced IT knowledge (hardware and software).
- Proven experience in team management and budget management.
- High sense of integrity, rigor, and flexibility.
- Strong organizational, time management, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral communication, writing, and reporting skills in English.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a volatile environment
General Code of Conduct and Tdh’s Risk Management Policies:
- Commits to complying with the General Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach of the Code through the Tdh warning procedure raising awareness within the Foundation on violence and abuse and the rights that derive from them regarding children, community members, and our own employees.
- Commits to complying with the Risk Management Policies, including Safeguard policies (the policy of Safeguarding Children, the Policy of Protecting against Exploitation and Sexual Abuse, the Guideline on Abusive Behavior at Work), the Safety/Security Policy, and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policies and the Prevention of Funding Criminal Activities.
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse by developing an open and informed culture of management within the organization and in our work with children and the communities where we work.
Tdh’s Organizational Values:
- Our organizational values guide us in our operational and strategic choices and are the foundation of all decisions made by us. Those five values are incorporated into each process connected to the staff. All collaborators are assessed according to the organization’s values.
Participation and Empowerment:
- We promote and enhance participation and empowerment.
- We create the space for active participation and embrace inputs from others.
- We are sensitive to others’ needs to influence.
- We share and delegate power and responsibilities.
Partnership and Collaboration:
- We trust the capacities of our key actors as primary responders and agents of change. We build on their strengths and on their needs.
- We champion co-creation and value complementarity.
- We appreciate other points of view and seek collectively pragmatic and innovative solutions.
- We manifest humility, respect, and fairness and see others as equal partners.
Innovation and Learning:
- We promote a culture of innovation.
- We value curiosity, welcome new initiatives, and foster creativity.
- We embrace voluntary learning and are ready for trial and error.
- We foster knowledge-sharing, and learning and strive for sustainability.
Diversity and Inclusion:
- We celebrate the Diversity and Inclusion of people.
- We genuinely commit to diversity and inclusion and see it as wealth in all our activities.
- We understand the cultural contexts and value differences.
- We are truly committed to equal treatment.
Leadership and Excellence
- We thrive to offer our best, we think ahead and are ready and willing to go the extra mile for the well-being of children.
- We provide quality programming and support. We are accountable and transparent. We use power responsibly.
- We position ourselves through our expertise and savoir-faire.
- We advocate for the rights of children whenever possible and seek actively opportunities to do so.
- Gross: N847,375.00 Monthly
- Net: N644,656.00 Monthly
Application Closing Date
17th July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Applications will be processed on a rolling basis