International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at the highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- To take overall responsibility for the management, co-ordination & implementation of logistics tasks in CGPP Secretariat office. This includes procurement, warehouse & stock management, vehicle/fleet management, CGPP Secretariat office asset management .
- Managing/ supervising resources within defined boundaries, which include people and assets.
- Providing professional advice to managers on areas of work covered in their remit.
- Support CGPP Secretariat team on any IT related issues with remote guidance from IT officer.
- Influences the development of strategy and supports operational implementation.
- Develops solutions to diverse and complex problems within organisational policy with consultation of Supply Chain Manager and CGPP Secretariat office.
- Interprets and applies operational and specialist information in a variety of formats from a variety of sources.
- Flexibility to anticipate and resolve challenges within corporate or divisional parameters, with moderate scope.
- Contribute to and influence operational planning.
- Influence managers, staff and volunteers in CGPP Secretariat office and develop effective networks with external bodies.
- Ensure compliance with Government, Donor and IMC procedures and ensure risks are kept to a minimum.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are followed at specific sites.
- Perform any other task assigned by Supply Chain Manager in consultation with CGPP Secretariat office.
- Manage procurement activities in CGPP Secretariat office following IMC procurement principles and practices and update the progress of PR weekly basis in the PTS platform.
- Have proper track of each PR assigned by Supply Chain Manager and ensure all issued Work Order/ Purchase Orders quality delivery is done on time for CGPP Secretariat.
- Consult with Supply Chain manager for any critical procurement or challenges in procurement process in Abuja level and follow the advice and guideline accordingly.
- Share the progress of procurement with respective programme team and ensure engage appropriate technical/ programme person to do the quality checking during receiving the supply.
- Ensure the payment documents for procurement process are submitted to finance on time with necessary attachments and all procurement documents are scanned and achieved in dedicated folder in Sharepoint.
- Keep the Abuja supplier database up to date and proper record of supplier performance.
- Involved in supplier capacity building process instructed by Supply Chain Manager
Stock and inventory management:
- Manage warehouse/storage in Abuja for CGPP Secretariat office and follow IMC standard Stock management policy.
- Keep the record updated and accurate for any incoming and outgoing stock movement.
- Prepare and share the warehouse/stock report monthly basis to Supply China Manager for further review.
- Ensure the Stock/inventory spot check and physical verification is done in a regular basis.
- Regularly follow up with respective programme to ensure the items are dispatched following distribution plan and ensure zero expiration of stocks or zero balance of closing stocks by distribution on time.
- Ensure proper management of pharma/medical stocks ensuring cold chain process.
- Do regular consultation with Supply Chain Manager and follow instruction accordingly.
Vehicle and Asset Management:
- Manage all vehicle, generator, solar system and asset items that are located in CGPP Secretariat office.
- Ensure Field level rental vehicles, Rental Drivers or IMC drivers comply with IMC vehicle and driver policies and that an effective fleet management system is established with minimum risks to IMC
- Ensure all vehicles movement plan are well tracked to have better utilization.
- Ensure vehicle and generator log sheets are maintained following IMC policy.
- Oversee the regulation of the use of vehicles and communications equipment.
- Report monthly vehicle and generator utilization report to Fleet office in Maiduguri.
- Do regular maintenance of generators/ Solar system and keep proper records of fuel consumption.
- Keep proper track and tagging of all asset that are in located in CGPP Secretariat office and conduct physical verification as per schedule.
- To oversee the installation, programming, adequate use and maintenance of communications equipment such as radios, sat-phones, telephones, fax and V-sat or other mode of internet connection in the field.
- Collaborate with CGPP Secretariat staffs regarding staffs pick up and drop and any documents and materials movements between different partner office through flight/road movement.
- Arrange meetings/ workshops for CGPP Secretariat office and use hotels and meeting venues as per BPA contracts or following IMC standard procurement policy within Abuja and also in other part of country.
- Organized events and participants travels, accommodation as per needed by CGPP Secretariat office.
- Keep proper track of all events and its related logistics arrangements.
- Arrange necessary logistics support to CGPP Secretariat staff travelling to filed locations.
- Manager and supervise all CGPP Secretariat office support staffs (drivers, cleaners, admin interns, security guards etc) to keep smooth running of CGPP Secretariat Abuja office.
- Have proper set JDs and task list for all supporting staffs and regularly check in on their deliverables and performance and provide necessary guidance as appropriate.
Education and Qualifications
- Advanced University Degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics, Legal or other relevant fields / First University Degree.
- Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management/ office administration (MCIPS, CILM or equivalent) will be an added advantage
- At least three years’ practical field operations experience in Logistics Management with an international NGO.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good command of English. Proven ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, both orally and in writing
- Good understanding of working with donor requirements (ECHO, OFDA, etc.) and prior experience in monitoring/managing budgets.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and negotiation skills. The ability to remain calm while dealing with conflicting priorities/work under pressure is essential.
- The ability to take the initiative and work independently as well work as a team player – supporting other departments is essential
- Proven training and capacity building experience
- Proficiency in the use of computers (Excel and Word) and IT trouble shotting.
- Strong ability to pay attention to detail.
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work and handle pressure & Strong team player.
Application Closing Date
6th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should address and send their Applications to “The Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Safety and Security Officer at IsraAID
- Senior Communications Specialist at Chemonics
- Graphic Designer at International Rescue Committee
- Communication Manager at International Rescue Committee
- SRH Officer Libya at CARE