FH Heartbeat At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
Job Summary TheLOGISTICS OFFICER focal point at Marsabit level to offer guidance to the field staff on issues related to the Logistics policies and procedures. In charge of procurement, fleet, assets at the field level while coordinating with the Logistics Manager.
Principal responsibilities Key Result # 1 – Purchase, Asset Management and distribution of materials
- Using the Odoo online procurement module, receive purchase Requisitions from staff, get quotations for items from suppliers based on the expenditure levels and purchase the required items as per set policies.
- Log all requisition orders in the procurement tracking sheet and submit to the Logistics Manager as required.
- Oversee the movement of procured goods to the warehouse in line with set guidelines.
- Initiates payments for the supplies/materials/ items received and prepares GRN’s to be signed by receiving programs.
- Maintain a list of all FH approved suppliers within Marsabit.
- Maintain and update the Marsabit Asset register and ensure that it is in line with both the online portal and manual register.
- Inform the Logistics Manager of non IT assets that need disposal after the annual asset verification exercise
- Ensure that all assets in Marsabit are tagged, insured and the same is updated in the register. Key Result # 2 – Logistic related duties
- Coordinate and arrange for warehouse transportation of food or other materials to different destinations from Marsabit.
2. Coordinate receiving of parcels and mail via MAF (flights) to and from Nairobi office and distribute the same to staff appropriately. 3. Maintain an inventory of all FH Office assets and equipment and ensure each is properly labelled both soft copy and at the Inventory book. 4. Maintain an effective fleet data that will generate a monthly fleet report on fuel, repair and maintenance, log sheet etc as submitted by the drivers. 5. Coordinate Drivers’ leave plans, training needs while capacity building the drivers
QUALIFICATIONS Vibrant personal relationship with Christ Knowledgeable in procurement regulations and best practice A team player, creative, innovative and a good negotiator. Ability to learn new concepts and ideas, adaptable Strong working knowledge of computers and MS Office Suite Experience with using an ERP system
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Degree in Purchasing and Supply Management or related courses from a recognized training institution. Should be a member of CIPS or KISM. Should have at least five years’ experience in a similar or comparable position.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
Safeguarding Policy FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment. ___________________________________________________________________________________
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 1st July 2022. This is an urgent position so shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and interviews will be done on a short notice.
NB: While we value every person applying for this job, please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: FOOD FOR THE HUNGRY (FH KENYA) DOES NOT SOLICIT ANY TYPE OF PAYMENT FOR JOB APPLICATIONS OR HIRING PROCESSES.
- Job City Marsabit