About the role
Crown Agents Nigeria Limited (CANL) has been contracted as partner to a Consortium which was awarded a contract to provide community-based package of nutrition services in the participating State of Nasarawa of the ANRiN. CANL is responsible for the procurement and logistics component of the services to achieve the objective of the Project. ANRiN is funded by the International Development Association (IDA).
CANL seeks to employ the services of a qualified Consultant for a position of Procurement, Logistics and Administration Assistant.
The Assistant Procurement, Logistics and Administration shall assist and support the Procurement and Logistics Manager in doing the following tasks:
- Set up logistics and supply chain structure
- Procurement of supplies and commodities
- Establishing supply chain and inventory mechanisms
- Drafting procurement plan for YR 1 prepared
- Logistics for the procurement, delivery and distribution of nutrition commodities
- Preparing annual and bi-annual progress report submitted to Client
- Administration of day-to day procurement operations
- Coordination with Consortium partners on procurement, delivery and distribution of nutrition commodities.
The Assistant is required to demonstrate professionalism and integrity in doing his role.
The Assistant is expected to provide 33 months inputs over three years’ period. He will directly report to the Procurement and Logistics Manager. The employment contract may be extended subject to performance and Project needs.
Please noted that the position is based in Plateau state.
The Consultant should demonstrate the following qualifications:
- A Nigerian national;
- Has a basic qualification in logistics and/or procurement;
- Has at least a bachelor’ degree in science, finance or engineering, or equivalent;
- Has at least 5 years’ experience in supporting logistics and procurement operations in a public or private organisation;
- Knowledge of procurement of health commodities in projects/programme funded by bilateral and multilateral donors is an advantage, but not required;
- Experience working in a project or programme with several stakeholders;
- Demonstrated teamwork;
- Has good oral and written communications skills in English; and
- Is fluent in relevant local Nigerian language and/or dialect.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.