Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics / Procurement Assistant – PMI Evolve Nigeria
Job Identification: 103825
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Category: Business Operations
- As the PMI Evolve Nigeria Logistics/Procurement Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting procurement/logistics and administrative functions in support of project activities, following all relevant USAID and Abt Associates policies and procedures.
- Under the direction of the PMI Evolve Nigeria Finance and Administrative Manager, you will assist in the procurement of goods and services domestically and internationally, ensuring proposed procurements are consistent with the USAID-approved annual budget and compliant with Abt’s policies and procedures.
- You will work closely with other teammates to monitor contracts, verify the delivery of materials, and track vendor payments.
- You will also coordinate the delivery of items to the entomology sentinel sites and help to maintain updated procurement/inventory trackers for the project.
Administrative / Logistics-related Tasks:
- Assist in planning logistics for project meetings/seminars/training, providing the location and materials, as well as supervising the process of paying per diem and snacks/meals.
- Make logistical arrangements for project staff traveling outside their region or for international visitors.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic versions of project files, including contract and subcontract documents, client approvals, personnel files, consultant documents, travel files, procurement files, minutes of meetings, and project reports.
- Manage and document correspondences between project sites, technical staff members, other partners, and stakeholders as they relate to procurement and logistics.
- Purchase, store and distribute office supplies.
- Perform general clerical duties, including but not limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing.
- Assist the F&A Manager in performing procurements, including distributing solicitations, gathering quotes, and requesting invoices.
- Assist the F&A Manager in updating and maintaining the inventory list of the project.
- Ensure the clearance and proper disposal of all waste material and excess items from project stores.
- In collaboration with COP and F&A manager, assist in the processing of customs clearance and liaise with USAID on tax waivers, as needed.
- Develop, maintain, and update on a regular basis a procurement tracker for all ongoing and new procurements to provide visibility into on-going purchases
- Draft requests for quotes (RFQs), purchase orders and local consultant agreements for review by F&A Manager
- In collaboration with technical teams, obtain and review product specifications or scope of work for services; ensure that specifications and scopes are clear, objective and complete.
- Support the review and evaluation of bids, ensuring the participation of relevant technical staff and consistency with evaluation criteria
- Assist in the documentation of vendor pre-qualifications for repetitive purchases such as lodging, catering services, office supplies, water, and vehicle service; when practical, help to prepare master service agreements in consultation with Abt Home Office.
- Ensure that procurement files are complete and audit-ready as soon as the procurement process is complete
- May enter procurement transactions into QuickBooks and iProcure entries
- Prepare bid matrix and source selection memorandum (when required) which includes competition process, names of evaluators and adequate justification for award recommendation.
- Help to ensure procurements are completed whenever feasible; work with technical team to prepare justification for non-competitive procurement for a sole or single source.
- In collaboration with F&A Manager and Entomology Manager, ensure that quality control is performed when receiving materials and that any inconsistencies with the original order are noted before payment.
- Help manage the project’s inventory control system, including storage, quality control, inventory record keeping, and inventory reporting.
What we Value:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Administration, Management, Business, Social Science, or other relevant field (desirable).
- Relevant educational/internship experience, including experience supporting procurement functions, is helpful.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
- Ability to independently execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
- Preference for candidates who have experience that relates to USAID-funded projects or other international development experience.
- English language fluency.
What We Offer
- We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way.
- Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life.
- The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits and professional development.
Application Closing Date
17th July, 2023 (10:00 PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Community Support Worker / Psychological Animators at Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) – 6 Openings
- Embedded Technical Advisor at the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Youth Social Worker at Tushinde Children’s Trust
- UNICEF Project Manager at Plan International
- Psychosocial support Technical Officer at Handicap International – Humanity & Inclusion