Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Delegation, the Logistics Site Manager coordinates and is responsible for all logistics activities within Yola (YOL) AoR. S/he ensures that logistics systems are in place and operational and provides technical and operational support in accordance with ICRC logistics standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up, adapts and maintains infrastructure according to needs, in collaboration with the Deputy Logistics Country Manager.
- Ensures the logistics procedures are managed in accordance with the institutional logistics standards and the logistics strategy for the country.
- Ensures the logistics tasks are managed in accordance with the Delegation Rules on Financial Management.
- Ensures ICRC logistics systems are in place and operational.
- Oversees and coordinates orders, queries and inventories.
- Ensures with the SCO (Supply Chain Officer) that requesters respect all the logistics procedures while initiating their orders (Supply request – SR).
- Discuss with Supply Chain Coordinator, SCO and the Warehouse Responsible in order to optimize the replenishment of the warehouse;
- Ensures collaborative demand planning is carried out with the departments; ensures information is shared with the sub-delegation and the Deputy Logistics Country Manager.
- Follows up on the supply pipeline with the sub-delegation, delegation in Abuja, including for import-export activities where necessary.
- Coordinates logistics daily activities ensuring that the flow of information and the channel of communication between Logistics and all the other stakeholders in the Sub-Delegation and widely in the Delegation are respected.
- Conducts with the purchaser the market analysis and research into the availability of goods and services for Yola local market.
- Performs supplier visit and assessment together with purchaser;
- Makes sure that ICRC rules on financial management about necessary approvals before committing ICRC financially are followed and respected.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent higher education degree in business administration, logistics or similar field. Postgraduate or master’s degree is an asset.
- Minimum 4 years’ work experience, preferably in commercial, military or humanitarian logistics, including management experience.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Excellent computer proficiency
Desired profile and Skills
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning, Responsibility & Autonomy;
- Honest & Trustworthy
- Negotiation, Communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
- Good knowledge of the local market
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic procedures
- Needs flexibility and team playing within and out with the logistics department
How to apply
How to Apply
Send Curriculum vitae, Application letter and NYSC Certificate to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
Clearly indicate “ABJ202100240 Logistics Site Manager 2 YOL” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
(Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.