Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) is a non-governmental and non-profit organisation registered to contribute positive changes in the economic and social status of Nigerians and Africans through effective programs that deliver sustainable outcomes. The Organization currently has its Head Quarters in Abuja, (FCT) with state offices in Kogi State, Niger State and Ogun State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics / Store Officer
Locations: Kogi and Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
Slots: 2 (one for each state)
- The Logistics/Store Officer is responsible for monitoring daily consumption records and inventory management of the store to ensure that AYGF warehouse is adequately stock.
- Maintain inventories, ordering new items, placing products on shelves, pulling out expired items, and keeping records of transferred commodities.
- Support the effective management of commodities at the warehouse to ensure alignment of inventory levels with appropriate guidelines.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and activities of the stores (centralized) under the supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Manager.
- Conduct physical counts to verify accuracy of incoming and outgoing products at the stores.
- Ensure incoming products are received and stored in FEFO order
- Maintain online inventory management software and ensure timely identification of triggers (or manually identify when minimum threshold levels have been reached) to initiate actions for stock replenishment.
- Post details of receipt and dispatch transactions and ensure integrity of the inventory management system.
- Maintain up to date records of materials inventory at the stores (existing stock, pending orders, etc.)
- Provide information on current stock and orders to provide justification for re-ordering.
- Monitor trends of product receipt and dispatch at the stores to provide basis for demand forecasting
- Conduct periodic inventory stock counting/ inventory accuracy checks
- Perform end-of-day inventory reconciliation to ensure discrepancies are identified and resolved in time.
- Notify Procurement and Logistics Manager of irregularities in inventory records and support in reconciling/ resolving.
- Maintain approved Health Safety and Environment (HSE) best practices in the stores.
- Develop periodic reports of stores operations and performance as required.
- Maintain electronic inventory management database.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Procurement and Logistics Manager
The Person should have:
- A minimum of HND / B.Sc in Business Administration, Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management or related field
- A minimum 3-4 years of experience in Logistics management, store keeping or supply chain management
- Previous experience working with NGO or developmental organization will serve as an added advantage.
- Must reside in Niger State and Kogi State
Skills and Competencies:
- Interpersonal skills – the ability to work well in a team, as well as to manage and motivate others
- Logical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- The ability to think creatively
- Interpersonal skills
- Skills in data analysis, including working with electronic data
- Logical reasoning
- Time-management ability
- Ability to plan ahead and deal with unexpected changes.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location (Niger or Kogi State) as the subject of the e-mail.
- This position is open only to applicants residing in Kogi and Niger State. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AYGF is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.