Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 70 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF Belgium has a long history in Ethiopia (from 1984 to 2013) the re-establishment of the organization in the country (since March 2021) require to re-build our presence as a new INGO operating in Ethiopia. The MSF Belgium strategy in Ethiopia is to respond to medical needs, as per our mandate, while having a strong focus on the Environmental Health as a preventive approach. Today, MSF Belgium is running 2 projects (SNNP and Afar regions) and has conducted several assessments with some short-term responses (SNNP, Amhara, Afar). Our intention is to develop a rapid response capacity, allowing a fast-track assessment and humanitarian response in all the regions of Ethiopia.
MSF-Belgium has the following vacant position:
Title: LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Place of Work: Addis Ababa.
Contract duration: ONE (1 YEAR) with possibility of extension
Salary: As per the MSF salary scale
|Defining and implementing all supply and technical logistics strategies and support to the mission, ensuring the pertinence and coherence of logistics and supply programmes, adequacy of the means provided and the compliance to MSF standard, protocols and procedures in order to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions and optimise the impact of the medical projects|
· Participating actively in the definition and update of annual project planning and budgets and the Emergency Preparation Plan, defining strategies and providing advice to the HoM in the translation of the identified logistical / technical needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for the mission
· Responsible for monitoring the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the mission (construction and rehabilitation, stock and supply of medical and non-medical material, transport, communications, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/installation and infrastructures, etc.) ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the HoM on the development of the ongoing programmes and proposing reorientation strategies when needed. Provides reporting on projects/mission evolution from the technical/logistics perspective and propose corrections if needed
· Responsible for the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff’s development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he/she is accountable for
· Responsible for ensuring technical reference and support for all logistics/technical issues in the mission, providing coaching to logistics staff and representing MSF in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs for technical/logistics related issues
· Responsible for ensuring installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in an adequate living condition as well as all the equipment required
· Responsible for ensuring the proper use and maintenance of IT (computers, software, backups, etc.) and communication tools as well as the communication means in the Mission (including numbers, frequencies), allowing permanent communication between capital, projects, bases and HQ. Ensuring all staff in the Mission benefits from proper training on how to use communications equipment available in the Mission (e.g. satellite phones, HF/VHF radios, computers, etc.)
· Responsible for defining and monitoring the technical aspects of the risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the mission security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, monitoring on a daily basis the security rules observation and reporting to the HoM of any problem. For this purpose, the Logistics Coordinator will have to create an appropriate environment to facilitate exchange of information on security situation and will be the security back up in the absence of the HoM
|Education||Essential degree and specialization in Logistics and MSF Logistics training.
· Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant and similar position.
· Essential professional experience with MSF or similar NGO.
· Desirable previous experience in emergencies
· Essential extensive experience in people & team management experience
Mandatory: very good knowledge of both English and Amharic
Able to work with Microsoft Office 365 tools, including SharePoint, MS Teams.
Leadership, Good analytical and synthesis skills.
Strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
Very good aptitude for listening and dialogue.
Able to work independently and as part of a team and knowledgeable with labor law.
• Strategic vision
• Strong coaching Management & development of staff
• Service orientation
• Team work and Cooperation.
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV, a cover letter, educational records, work certificates and a copy of national ID.
Application can be submitted/sent: by email: MSFOCBfirstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate on the subject box: the vacancy title and your name)
Posting date: 27/05/2022
Closing date: 5/06/2022
MSF Belgium promotes the EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.
- Job City Addis Ababa