M & E Officer
The M&E Officer would be responsible for all data monitoring and reporting for the program. In collaboration with the larger M&E team, s/he would develop the program M&E plan and effectively manage the plan through the program lifecycle. S/he would lead all program data collection, cleaning, storage, analysis, and reporting. S/he would be an effective team player capable of working closely with the grants team, program team, and M&E team within RefuSHE as well as M&E teams of partner organizations to ensure full data is provided to the funder. Finally, s/he would lead quarterly program reviews with a multidisciplinary team. We are looking for an experienced M&E professional who is a self-starter, curious, strives for excellence, highly driven, and passionate about data, with a strong commitment to data integrity and excellency.
- Lead all M&E activities for the new program, including but not limited to: overseeing and leading data collection, data cleaning, ensuring data quality, tracking the progress of activities against timelines and outcomes against targets, alerting program leadership in advance of potential risks to not achieving intended program outcomes and targets, leading data analysis and reporting.
- In close collaboration with the M&E team and program team, including subgrantees, lead the development of a program M&E plan, including SMART indicators, baselines, and achievable and ambitious targets.
- In collaboration with M&E team and subgrantees, develop data collection tools for the program.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data from program and synthesize findings into well-written English for internal and external reports, presentations, etc.
- Work closely with the M&E team members from subgrantee / partner organizations to regularly collect data on partner activities. In partnership with Capacity Building Manager, ensure these align with overall program approach, work plan, and M&E plan. Develop process for partner organizations’ data collection and sharing with the RefuSHE program team and donor.
- Lead quarterly program reviews for the consortium to collectively review and verify monitoring data collected on a quarterly basis, identify challenges and lessons learned in implementation, and how these findings may guide the next quarter’s planned activities. Work closely with Capacity Building Manager, Program Assistant, and program leadership to structure these reviews to ensure maximum learning and dissemination of findings for follow-up action.
- Ensure any disparities between planned and actual outputs and outcomes are raised with senior leadership and addressed promptly.
- Any other lawful duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Program Management, or other relevant field from a recognized and reputable institution is required
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience in humanitarian aid program monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated experience working across departments / offices to streamline M&E processes, ensure timely and accurate data collection, dissemination of findings, and program and donor reporting. Experience working across partner organizations to do the same is an added advantage.
- Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills
- Experience leading the development of a program M&E plan, including SMART indicators and targets, in a collaborative manner
- Experience writing donor reports and leading presentations
- Strong English writing and speaking skills for external deliverables such as reports and presentations (donors, partner organizations, government entities, etc.)
- Comfort in using web-based tools for data collection, monitoring, and analysis. RefuSHE uses an M&E software for all programs and the M&E Officer will be required to use the same after comprehensive training.
- Strong facilitation and critical listening skills
- Commitment to RK’s safeguarding and other policies on child protection.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested applicants are advised to send their applications that should include a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th Aug 2022 close of business. Applicants must quote the position title ‘M&E Officer’ in the email subject. Copies of credentials and other relevant certificates will not be required at this early stage of application but in the next steps.
Applications should be addressed to:
HR & Administration Manager
P.O. Box 63192-00619, Nairobi