INTERNATIONAL WARS AND DISASTERS VICTIMS’ PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (IRVD)
Job Title: Maintenance technician
Position Status: Full-time – 12 Months
INTERNATIONAL WARS AND DISASTERS VICTIMS’ PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (IRVD) is a non -governmental organization established by a group of volunteers in Syria during the crisis in 2012 and registered in the USA, Sweden, and turkey.
IRVD is implementing projects through regional offices in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Palestine, and Somalia.
Our work sectors are Health, Nutrition, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Protection, Shelter &Non-food items, Wash and Sanitation.
IRVD also manages development projects, advocates to empower civil societies and local governance
IRVD is seeking a maintenance technician to ensure that IRVD premises are maintained as per the procedures.
- Ensure the quality of the work of generators.
- Ensure the quality of the water unit.
- Maintenance of all breakdowns within the centre and repairs to facilities
- Ensures office structures and premises are well maintained, highlighting necessary improvements and preventive maintenance
- Ensures that maintenance requests are attended to effectively and efficiently and maintains a follow-up file
- Prepares the necessary implementation and progress reports
- Preparation and writing of necessary reports
- Familiarity with the work of electrical equipment and devices within the centre and follow up on its work
- Develop preventive maintenance programs and continuous inspection of all generators and devices to ensure a high level of operation and work periodically to review these programs
- Submission of periodic and emergency reports on the work carried out by the form allocated by the International Society
- Assistance in the maintenance of the Centre’s organs by the competence
- Perform any other tasks entrusted to it within its competence.
- Adherence to training
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- General Secondary Certificate, Vocational Training Certificate
- At least two years of experience
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of Health & Safety regulations and procedures
- Arabic and English are mandatory (oral and written)
The IRVD and IRVD Staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRVD Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. By these values, the IRVD enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout IRVD. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of IRVD and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and partners and require them to adhere to them.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IRVD and amongst beneficiaries served by IRVD
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, IRVD requests its complete employee flexibility in terms of duties and commitment, as their job description and title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
How to apply
To apply to this position, kindly fill in this link.
if you have any inquiries, please contact us via: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.