Chemonics International, an international development consulting organization that has been operating since 1975 in more than 150 countries around the world, seeks an experienced Malaria Technical Director for USAID’s anticipated SEMBE II proposal recruitment activity in Cameroon through the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI). The Systems to End the Malaria Burden through Meaningful Engagement-II (SEMBE II) activity aims to advance the goals of PMI Cameroon and the Cameroon National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), which are to reduce deaths, reduce disease and reduce transmission to accelerate malaria elimination in Cameroon.
Chemonics is looking for a potential Malaria Technical Director who will be responsible for overseeing the programmatic and technical aspects of the anticipated PMI activity in Cameroon. Experience in Cameroon is highly desired and proficiency in English and French is required for this position. We are looking for people who have the passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Qualifications for the Malaria Technical Director:
- Advanced degree in public health, medicine, or a related field
- At least 10 years of experience in health service delivery, including at least five years of project management experience in malaria or other public health program
- Demonstrated experience in malaria case management and/or malaria in pregnancy
- Strong oral and written skills in French and English
- Experience working on international projects related to the subject area of this activity
- At least 5 years of experience working in Cameroon, with a strong understanding of the Cameroonian context
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple partners on collaborative projects.
- Experience with USAID and/or other donors preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and French required
How to apply
Applicants should submit their CV and cover letter through the Smartsheet form using https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/75e419d327724b86824ab1ce7b395169 . Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors. Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/