Career with BRAC International
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Manager, Digital Financial Services (DFS), BRAC International Holdings B.V., Ghana
The Digital Financial Services (DFS) Manager will drive the implementation of BRAC Ghana Savings and Loans Ltd digital strategies that aim to increase outreach, deliver a superior customer experience, increase organizational efficiency, and find the right balance between tech and touch for BRAC Ghana customers.
The DFS Manager will drive innovation and coordinate the digitalization of BRAC Ghana’s field operations, the implementation of digital delivery channels and the development and delivery of innovative DFS appropriate for BRAC Ghana customers and will think creatively to innovate new uses for technology.
DFS Strategy and Innovation
- DFS Manager will drive the implementation of BRAC Ghana Savings and Loans Ltd digital strategies and action plans to increase outreach, deliver a superior customer experience, increase organizational efficiency, and find the right balance between tech and touch for BRAC Ghana customers.
- DFS Manager will work closely with BRAC Ghana management to provide strategic input and thought leadership on the use of DFS to better meet the needs and improve the livelihoods of BRAC Ghana’s existing and target customers especially women and youth.
- DFS Manager will conduct periodic analysis and review of BRAC Ghana’s implementation of existing DFS strategies and its alignment to BRAC Ghana’s overall strategic business plan
- Conduct market assessments to inform the refinement of DFS strategy and development of market-led and innovative technology-enabled financial solutions
Digital Processes, Channels and Products
- DFS Manager will design, test, refine and implement DFS projects at BRAC Ghana Savings and Loans Ltd. S/he will develop and implement DFS project-specific pilot and scale-up plans and activities including customer needs analysis, business requirements analysis, detailed project implementation planning, reporting, and change management to maximize the impact of DFS projects
- Develop detailed functional requirements for DFS tools and applications and coordinate the different functions/departments
- Monitor and track the progress of DFS projects to ensure project activities are achieved in an effective, efficient, and timely manner
- Design and implement monitoring surveys and use survey findings to refine and improve BRAC’s processes and products and enhance the customer experience in using DFS.
- Continuous training and handholding of BRAC Ghana’s staff in defining and implementing business case and value proposition for DFS channels and products, piloting and scaling of DFS
- Design and implement client and staff digital training programs in collaboration with relevant BRAC Ghana departments/functions.
- Disseminate and share knowledge and lessons learned among the different BI MF countries to support the implementation of organizational best practices for designing and implementing different digital projects in BI MF
- Collaborate with industry stakeholders to design, develop, test and refine digital solutions under a structured environment and with ready-to-use tools.
- Support BRAC Ghana to develop/refine and implement digital-related policies, procedures and standards in alignment with BRAC Ghana’s digital strategies
- Work with marketing and communication teams to design effective marketing campaigns and communication to enhance the adoption and active usage of DFS
- Cooperate with BI MF digital transformation, IT, operations, and other relevant teams in the implementation of BRAC Ghana’s DFS strategies and action plans
- Develop and manage relationships with third parties such as digital solutions suppliers, FinTech’s, developers etc.
Market and Ecosystem Intelligence
- Keep an active watch on digital technologies available in the market that may improve the quality and efficiency of BRAC Ghana field operations, and product and service delivery.
- Work with other enabling stakeholders, such as regulators, universities, governments, think tanks, BRAC’s fundraising teams, and others.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or BA in Business Administration/ Finance/Economics, Development Studies/ IT/Engineering
- In-depth understanding of the key drivers in a digital product/emerging technology business.
- Knowledge of the Regulatory environment and the National DFS policy
- Insight into the way that digital transformation is affecting industry and knowledge of best practices.
- Experience in digital project management, including technological aspects that enabled you to develop skills in understanding business needs and transcribing them into functional specifications for digital tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to translate complex technological implementation language to non-technical people. Able to demonstrate effective analytical skills, an ability to translate raw information into actionable strategies and initiatives as well as the ability to perform standard analyses
- Familiarity and experience with microfinance preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and experience in managing multiple projects
- Fluency in English required (spoken, reading, and written)
- Five years of related experience working in financial inclusion, product development, digital finance, microfinance/micro-lending, technology for development, and/or payments platforms.
- Substantial exposure to DFS strategy management, with direct exposure to top management strategy formulation and decision-making. Exposure to a wide range of strategic decision-making processes and as a result has become comfortable assessing business processes and requirements to inform the design and implementation of DFS projects.
- Substantial exposure in conducting customer-centric research for DFS and using customer insights to drive DFS adoption, usage, and impact
- Substantial exposure in implementing digital field applications, mobile payments agent banking, and/or other DFS projects
- Experience working with MNOs, FinTech, financial institutions, and regulators is an added advantage
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Location: Accra, Ghana
How to apply
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 141/22 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 05 January 2023
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- RFP 22-23 004 PPF DPCI – Consultance Bonnes pratiques Justice climat féministe Burkina at Oxfam Intermón
- Manager, Procurement & Administration, BRAC International Holdings B.V., Ghana at BRAC
- Developing A Tenant Purchase Model For Affordable Housing at FSD Kenya
- Associate, Maternal and Newborn Health at the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
- Project Officer, North Kenya Seascape at Fauna & Flora International