The Manager – Health Care Waste Management (HCWM) will support the targeted community-based project to promote and strengthen the delivery of malaria prevention and treatment services in Enugu State by providing technical assistance in performing hazardous/HCWM for programs/projects.
- Provide technical expertise in the preparation of HCWM technical instruments recognized by the World Bank specific to the Nigerian context.
- Support the program by developing training manuals or other training documents for specifically on hazardous/HCWM.
- Provide guidance on program implementation for World Bank safeguard policies in hazardous/HCWM activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Environmental or Medical Sciences or any other science course with master’s degree in any of these courses (Public Health, Environmental/Medical Sciences, any other relevant courses) and at least five (5) years of progressive experience in HCWM.
- The consultant is expected to have previous experience in the preparation of HCWM technical instruments recognized by the World Bank, strong country knowledge and of World Bank safeguard policies, experience in hazardous/HCWM activities.
- At least five years’ experience in developing training manuals or other training documents for programs/projects funded by multilateral agencies specifically on hazardous/HCWM, working experience in Nigeria or developing country under similar conditions.
- Good technical and organizational background in performing hazardous/HCWM for programs/projects, and ability to cooperate and interact with stakeholders including facilitating meetings and workshops.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com with the Job Title as the subject, i.e., “Manager – Health Care Waste Management (HCWM)”
Only Nigerian nationals or people with a Nigerian work permit can apply, as sponsorship will not be offered for this position.
Note: Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Manager – Pharmacist at 360 Health Systems Diagnostics and Correction
- CONSULTANCY FOR BASELINE ON THE CAPACITY OF CSOS AND YOUTH PLATFORMS AND RELEVANT PLATFORMS FOR ENGAGEMENT ON EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT SYSTEMS
- CONSULTANCY FOR BASELINE ASSESSMENT OF THE EU-FUNDED PROJECT ON CIVIL SOCIETY CONTRIBUTION TO POLICY DIALOGUES ON EDUCATION
- Civic Accountability Specialist USAID/LIBERIA ANTI-CORRUPTION ASSESSMENT at Social Impact
- Research Specialist USAID/LIBERIA ANTI-CORRUPTION ASSESSMENT at Social Impact