Job location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Starting date: As soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 6th of May 2022
Duration position: 3 years
Working hours: Fulltime
We are here for our neighbours in need, who are suffering in this broken world.
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
ZOA is looking for a
Manager of Programme Quality in Nigeria
ZOA’s programme in Nigeria
ZOA has been working in Nigeria since 2016 in Borno State, Jere, and Maffa Local Government Areas (LGA), Monguno Local Government Area (LGA) and Biu LGA. We reach out to the most vulnerable internally displaced people as well as to the host population who shared the little resources they had with new arrivals. We provide clean drinking water, sanitary facilities, cash, food and livelihood.
The development of high quality proposals is the main focus of this role and will be your challenge and responsibility! As Manager of Programme Quality you don’t shy away for a lot of writing, on the contrary, it gives you a lot of energy and satisfaction. Besides proposal writing, the position will be responsible for high quality of Program implementation and program evaluation. You will be the line manager for Programme Quality team at the national office.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Advises and supports Country Director (CD) and Programme Managers (PGMs) on the development of the Country Strategy and Annual Plan;
- Development of high quality proposals and reports
- Responsible for the quality and consistency of programme and project planning;
- Advise Project Managers on the quality and consistency of projects/programs and supervise them for quality outputs/outcomes.
- Responsible for adherence to ZOA integrity framework, , donor, national and international guidelines, policies and standards in the implementation of projects;
- Supervises the development, implementation and maintenance of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEAL) tools, including the use of standardized indicators;
- Supports the Project Managers in the development of beneficiary accountability tools throughout the programme;
- Responsible for partner assessments and the development of capacity development plans.
Reporting/Digital Data Collection
- Leads the development of high quality project proposals and monitors consistency between donor proposals and Country Strategy;
- Contributes to on-time, high quality submission of donor reports and evaluations;
- Supports the CD and PGMs in the writing of the internal quarterly reports and annual review.
- Responsible for the development of knowledge management at country;
- Level and contributing to organisation wide knowledge management;
- Leads the development of innovative project proposals.
Leadership and management
- Member of the country management team;
- Provides leadership to the Programme Quality team.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision, mission and Christian values of ZOA.
Knowledge & Experience
- University degree in a humanitarian, development or other relevant field. A degree in one of the key sectors of work of ZOA Nigeria is an advantage;
- At least five years field experience in a fragile context;
- Strong proven experience in the development of proposals with several donors;
- Proven experience in project/program management especially in Food security and livelihood, Wash and Education sectorsexperience in supervising implementation team.
- Fluency in English and being able to write convincingly;
- Expertise in at least one of the sectors ZOA Nigeria is working in;
- Research skills.
- Conceptual flexibility;
- Logical thinker;
- Strong formulation and writing skills;
- Management skills;
- Project/Program implementation skills;
- Customer-friendly attitude;
- Result-oriented approach;
- Interpersonal sensitivity.
- Based in Borno state (Maiduguri), with regular travel to the field;
- This is a non-family duty station;
- R&R is applicable for this position.
ZOA offers a challenging position with a lot of responsibilities. We offer good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector (including, but not limited to: medical and other insurances, housing, training options, 29 leave days).
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Heline (HR Advisor), email email@example.com
How to apply
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website: Manager of Programme Quality Nigeria | CVSelection (cvselectie.net)
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your current and previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
Please note that ZOA carries out background and reference checks (including COTER) for all candidates as part of the recruitment process. As ZOA participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire: the “Statement of Conduct”, which will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment).