Career with BRAC International
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Manager, Procurement & Administration, BRAC International Holdings B.V., Ghana
Support the Chief Business Support Officer to ensure all logistics and supplies are procured and managed according to good standards, to ensure quality and high integrity of all procurement processes.
- Procurement of equipment and other supplies;
- Purchase and organize supplies for all new branches;
- Management of fuel consumption (generator /office vehicles);
- Responsible for the maintenance and procurement of office vehicles;
- Responsible for the signing of purchase orders;
- Responsible for the clearance of tax invoices;
- Responsible for the preparation of purchase proposals for the Company’s equipment
- Monitor various activities and contracts (Service / Maintenance);
- Provide reports to management on regular basis on the activities managed and cost-cutting initiatives;
- Work with other departments to prepare branch roll-out plans for new Business Offices and execution;
- Monitoring, supervising and ensuring safety measures are incorporated into all business aspects;
- Co-ordination and management of all administrative issues like hygiene, stationeries, & welfare;
- Develop and maintain up-to-date, effective security measures to protect the Company’s properties and staff;
- Ensure all rents are paid promptly;
- Supervise all maintenance activities and maintain a regular schedule of maintenance for the Company’s properties;
- Work with the Legal officer to establish the Service Level Agreements for all service providers and suppliers and monitor their compliance;
- Ensure the Company’s insurance policy is adhered to at all premises and premium charges are paid promptly;
- Maintain clean surroundings on daily bases throughout the day in all of the branches and head office;
- Maximize the best value for money for companywide procurement activities in line with the company’s policies and procedures;
- Proper management and efficient utilization of stores;
- Deliver all administration services in the most efficient manner to facilitate the functions of other departments;
- Ensure adequate records of fleet management/movement, and put in place policies/structures to guard against abuse;
- Organize all drivers and vehicles to provide efficient transport for branches and staff;
- Ensure all drivers of vehicles have read and fully understood the Vehicle Usage Policy and Vehicle Code of Conduct;
- Ensure all basic checks are completed on fluid levels and brakes on a weekly basis and log in Vehicle Maintenance Log Book.
- Ensure all vehicle logbooks are correctly filled in for all journeys and checked against the Fuel Log on a monthly basis;
- Ensure all work on vehicles is checked on completion, all parts are replaced, and vehicles condition has improved where appropriate;
- Manage vehicle usage ensuring all employees and drivers comply with the organization’s Vehicle Usage Policy and any accidents or damages are fully and promptly reported to senior management;
- Ensure all vehicles are roadworthy and have valid insurance and COF;
- Manage the sale and purchase of any vehicles with the support of the Senior Management;
- Ensure strict compliance with Outsourcing guidelines and Company’s policies;
- Ensure that the Company has adequate cover for its fixed assets, against fraud and accidents.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with procurement and administration concentration.
- Master’s Degree in a similar field will be of added advantage.
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of customer service and a strong willingness to work in the field.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and training skills.
- Excellent technical report writing skills and computer literacy.
- Experience in procurement and administration
- At least 5 years of working experience in administration with proven knowledge of procurement procedures and processes
- Experience in managing contracts with various vendors and ensuring the SLA is adhered to
- Extremely proficient in computing
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Location: Accra, Ghana
How to apply
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 140/22 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 05 January 2023
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Developing A Tenant Purchase Model For Affordable Housing at FSD Kenya
- Associate, Maternal and Newborn Health at the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
- Project Officer, North Kenya Seascape at Fauna & Flora International
- Food Security and livelihoods Program Manager (Nationals Only) at Oxfam
- Human Resources for Health (HRH) – National Consultant at United Nations Population Fund