Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Market Systems Development Expert, Kyrgyzstan
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Market Systems Development Expert for the USAID Kyrgyz Republic Agro Trade Activity (ATA) in Kyrgyzstan. ATA will support job creation, strengthen value chains, and improve the business enabling environment through interventions that boost productivity, upgrade processing, build international business-to-business (B2B) linkages, facilitate access to finance, and support private sector–informed policy reform. The main objectives of the activity are:
- Economic Value Added Through More Inclusive (Particularly Women) Jobs and Sales for Southern Kyrgyz Agribusiness and Farmers
- Increased Cross-Border and Regional Trade Links Between the Kyrgyz Republic and the Fergana Valley
- Improve Enabling Environment for Increased Kyrgyz Republic-Uzbekistan Market Integration.
The Market Systems Development Expert will be responsible for managing ATA activities aimed at improving smallholder farmers’ and low-income households’ access to markets and increasing income and job opportunities. S/he will support the integration of inclusive and adaptive market systems approaches in ATA activities to create lasting transformational change. S/he will be responsible for providing strategic input and technical guidance and advice to relevant ATA staff on market systems development approaches to activity design and implementation. The position is based in Osh, Kyrgyz Republic.
- Identify market opportunities and analyze value chain and market system constraints, technical and policy impediments to development of inclusive market systems
- Analyze capacity building needs related to the development, competitiveness, and inclusiveness of agribusinesses and value chains
- Support the ATA team to design and implement interventions and technical assistance that will lead to effectively functioning market systems, increased sales, job creation, and increased incomes for smallholder farmers, women, youth and marginalized groups
- Contribute to project deliverables such as quarterly and annual reports and annual work plans, as directed by the Deputy Chief of Party and/or Chief of Party
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party and/or Chief of Party
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, public policy, or relevant field; advanced degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in market systems development including facilitating, managing, and communicating economic reforms
- Experience of building private sector partnerships
- Experience conducting training and/or providing technical assistance for public sector officials, private sector representatives, and/or community leaders
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills required with demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Fluency in Kyrgyz language and proficiency in English and Russian required. Additionally, Uzbek language skills will be an advantage.
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs or email your CV to KyrgyzstanRecruitment@acdivoca.org no later than July 31, 2021. Please include the position title in the subject line. The resume and related application documents shall be provided as a single attachment and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.