Location: Global, Remote
GiveDirectly (GD) aims to reshape international giving – and millions of lives – by providing cash grants directly to the world’s poorest. The Brookings Institution estimates that $70B of cash transfers would be required to eliminate the poverty gap; the aid sector currently spends $135B each year, much of it on evidence-free interventions. GiveDirectly wants to change that, establishing cash transfers as a benchmark for foreign aid – as the index fund is a benchmark for the financial industry – and in the process accelerating the end of extreme poverty.
GD has raised over $700M since launching in 2011, delivered cash to more than 1 million people, and launched offices in 10 countries. We’ve also supported large-scale, experimental research that indicates strong recipient impact of our programs. As a result, GD has been celebrated as one of the most innovative non-profit companies by Fast Company, while the growing cash transfer movement (and GD’s leading role within it) have been featured in the New York Times Magazine, This American Life, Foreign Affairs, and The Economist.
We’re looking for exceptional talent to grow our collaborative, diverse team. Joining GiveDirectly provides the opportunity to work alongside individuals who come from 21 different countries and speak 69 different languages. We’re actively working toward an equitable and inclusive environment for all team members, and seek candidates who will bring diverse perspectives and experiences to our organization. We recruit from organizations across all industries: our team has hailed from sectors including start-ups, government, consultancies, investment banks, and nonprofits.
Across our global offices, our culture is candid, analytical, non-hierarchical, and fast-paced. We value ability, adaptability, and willingness to learn. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as performance-based bonuses.
About this role:
We’re looking for 2 exceptional Managers to lead small donor (< $50k lifetime giving) acquisition or retention. These managers will execute tactics that accelerate GiveDirectly as the fastest growing nonprofit of the century.
In this role, you’ll help define the acquisition or retention roadmap for small donors, using growth tactics to maximize the dollars we raise for recipients from new donors. You’ll focus on projects that work to increase the number of active donors and lifetime time value (LTV). This will include:
Acquisition manager: owning the end-to-end of projects ranging from developing acquisition channels (e.g. referral nudges, ads, donor funded matches)
Retention manager: opening end-to-end of retention projects to educate donors and automated lifecycle based email/mail/sms donation workflows.
You’ll work on cross-functional projects across the organization. You’ll work on cross-functional projects across the organization –– with other teams in Growth, as well as Research, Finance, and Operations. Finally, you’ll be driven by a deep dedication to shifting the status quo in the philanthropy space by putting aid budgets directly in the hands of recipients.
Reports to: Sr. Marketing Manager, Growth
- Own end-to-end projects. You will help to develop the individual donor acquisition/retention roadmap and then own the implementation, analysis, testing, and iteration.
- Develop and hit/exceed acquisition/retention KPIs (new donors, avg donation value) or (churn, retention, LTV). Track clear metrics through acquisition dashboards for weekly / monthly / annual performance. Report on findings, implications, and make recommendations.
- Work with the marketing and comms team to launch new campaigns (like Project 100) that raise funds for recipients.
- Build a pre or post donate education funnels that show donors the impact, efficiency, and recipient agency that their gifts unlock. These experiences should delight donors and showcase GiveDirectly’s rigor, effectiveness, and values.
- Test and grow channels for new donor acquisition /retention including: automated email/sms flows, events, SEO, CRO (conversion rate optimization), matching offers, word of mouth, ads, webpages, employee giving, and product marketing.
We’re looking for candidates with:
- 3–5+ years of professional experience: we welcome a range of skill sets and backgrounds; related fields could include product management, data analytics, project management, program management, international development, or management consulting
- Strong, succinct communication: skilled in speaking, writing, presenting, and negotiating across multiple stakeholders
- Analytical problem solving: looks at problems with an analytical and iterative mindset, with strong framework for prioritization and passion for putting structure and process to ambiguous problems
- Alignment with GiveDirectly Values: exceptional alignment with values and an active demonstration of our core competencies: emotional intelligence, problem solving, project management, follow-through, and fostering inclusivity. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from candidates who have personal or professional experience in the low-income and/or historically marginalized communities that we serve.**
Bonus but not required:
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g. SQL)
- Consumer facing product/business experience
- Familiarity with our growth stack: Salesforces (CRM), Hubspot (ESP), WordPress (marketing website), Github, Ahrefs, Sisense/Periscope, Google Analytics/data studio
Why work at GiveDirectly?
At GiveDirectly, we work to ensure that you have everything you need to excel in your role and on your team, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement
- A demonstrated commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary
- A monthly benefits allowance that covers Health, Dental, and Vision monthly premiums
- Unlimited PTO (that we encourage staff to take!)
- Desk allowance and flexible work location
*GD is committed to observing all local, national and international laws that protect children, vulnerable adults, and basic human rights of all. GD is committed to a policy of “zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH)” and expects anyone who works for GD to uphold the protection and safeguarding of our recipients as a priority.*
How to apply
apply here: https://givedirectly.hire.trakstar.com/jobs/fk0snxw?cjb_hash=O_JSaS44&apply_now=true