Organizational Context and Scope:
The Migration Crisis Operational Framework (MCOF) is IOM’s central reference point for the Organization’s engagement on the mobility dimensions of crisis. With MCOF, IOM outlines its comprehensive, holistic and inclusive response to crisis through its own operations, in coordination with Member States and stakeholders and in line with existing response systems. In 2021, IOM finalized an addendum to the 2012 Framework, which re-affirmed the fundamentals of MCOF and updated elements of the Framework to align with internal and external developments since 2012 to ensure the Framework remains fit-for-purpose.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Migration Crisis Analyst, and the direct supervision of the Business Analyst, the incumbent will provide a range of support relating to internal and external awareness raising and capacity strengthening to roll out the 2012 Migration Crisis Operational Framework and its 2021 Addendum (hereinafter the MCOF).
Organizational Department / Unit to which the Consultant is contributing:
The consultant will contribute to the Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE) and to the ongoing institutional strengthening project funded by the USA – Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration (PRM).
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
MCOF: Support internal and external awareness raising efforts, including:
- Responsible for the re-structuring and maintenance of the MCOF SharePoint Site
- Support the coordination of inputs, meeting coordination, layout and finalization of MCOF awareness raising materials for an internal and external audience
- Draft content to contribute to institutional communications and knowledge management products
MCOF: Support capacity strengthening efforts, including:
- Support the coordination, finalization and dissemination of MCOF online micro-learning modules
- Support the coordination of inputs, feedback, layout and finalization of relevant internal MCOF tools
- Support preparations, organization and conduct of capacity strengthening events, such as Webinars
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences and/or International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, risk reduction, rehabilitation, transition and recovery and/or development required, experience with IOM is a distinct advantage.
- Capacity strengthening experience, in-person and/or online
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and coordination skills and ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Experience in knowledge management is considered an asset
- Good computer literacy, experience with graphics / visualization tools an advantage
- Experience working with Government counterparts, UN agencies and/or non-governmental organizations is considered an asset
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge in French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:**
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators **
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 18 March 2022 by indicating “MCOF Support Consultancy Application” in the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.