Key duties relevant to the project will include:
- Providing leadership in developing M&E frameworks and implementation of M&E activities
- Supporting the development of country and/or project-specific M&E plans, including data collection tools and reporting templates
- Leading in project program performance monitoring and review meetings
- Providing technical assistance and guidance in developing evaluation protocols
- Collaborating with projects’ M&E and technical program teams to ensure real-time data collection from all stakeholders (including sub-grantees) and engaging HIS partners where applicable
- Working with projects’ regional technical team, national team, sub-grantees, donors, and MOH to contribute to the effective implementation of the learning agenda and data use for decision making
- Ensuring data analysis, results, and lessons learned are effectively documented and communicated to internal teams and external partners.
- Ensuring compliance to donor, institutional, and stakeholder reporting requirements.
- Ensuring all data collection processes adhere to ethical standards (develop/review, disseminate, and ensure utilization of data management tools and SOPs)
- Planning and implementing routine data quality assessments, including patient chart abstractions and follow-up actions to improve data quality
- Coordinating a capacity assessment to identify strengths and capacity gaps across the M&E and program implementation team, and coordinating the delivery of a targeted, collaborative capacity development plan to the team
- Participating in National TWG and other stakeholder meetings in M&E policy influencing
Qualifications and competencies
- A Masters Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Epidemiology, Public health, Demography or a related field.
- At least 6 years experience in M&E, preferably in a large scale multi-county donor funded programme.
- Demonstrable experience in working with counties to support M&E activities in MOH facilities
- Hands-on experience in managing and conducting Data Quality Audits including verification and ability to follow through the corrective action plans.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge in conducting competent program process and outcome evaluations.
- Demonstrable knowledge in working with Health Management information systems. Good experience in developing and presenting performance presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and results driven Ability to lead a team working in different locations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Salary history and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org . The position applied for and reference number should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter.
The closing date is September 07, 2022 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.