We are seeking an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)/Program Officer (to be based in Oyo state) that will represent Jhpiego Nigeria and work closely with Oyo State Primary Healthcare Development Board and other relevant stakeholders in the state. The position is both a technical and program management role. The candidate will oversee and monitor study sites for compliance with protocol and administer non-IRB checklist while providing logistics and administrative support for RAs and RA supervisors. The successful candidate will be supported by Jhpiego Nigeria HQ team based in Abuja. He/She will be responsible for overall data quality and integrity across all data collection activities, managing data collection and entry, and providing timely feedback and recommendations to improve the study implementation and outcomes.
- Develop and implement M&E plans, systems, and tools to monitor and evaluate study progress, adherence to protocols, and data quality.
- Oversee the use of electronic data collection tools such as ODK and REDCap by the research assistant and RA supervisors
- Routinely supervise and monitor study sites for compliance with protocol and administer non-IRB checklists to ensure compliance with study protocol and SOPs while overseeing RAs and RA supervisors
- Provide regular feedback to Research Assistants and Research Assistant Supervisors on the progress of data collection
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry, verification and validation, and troubleshoot issues related to data collection and management
- Conduct data analysis and contribute to the development of study reports, manuscripts and presentations
- Collaborate with the Research Assistant Supervisor and study team to identify areas for improvement and develop recommendations to improve the study implementation and outcomes
- Participate in training sessions and meetings as needed
- Flag any human resource attrition among study team (Research assistant, RA supervisors etc.) as well as facility staff
- Coordinate and manage good and service requests, ensuring accurate documentation and follow-up with finance for payments
- Support the program to provide appropriate coordination, meeting and transport logistics, and administrative support e.g. agenda, minutes of meetings, reports, activity profiles, and budgets, travel authorizations, and retirements
- Contribute to report writing, annual work plans, project monitoring tracking matrices, target implementation plan, and relevant reports as required
SALARY RANGE: NGN638,000 – NGN 721,000 Monthly Gross
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field, social sciences, or a related field
- Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, or related field is preferred
- At least 4 years of experience in M&E and program management in a research or health-related field
- Experience in designing and implementing M&E plans, systems, and tools
- Familiarity with electronic data collection tools such as ODK and REDCap
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work independently, and to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, and willingness to reside in the study LGAs in Oyo state as a prerequisite
- Knowledge of polio immunization programs in Nigeria is an added advantage.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using this link:
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
- Director of Finance and Administration at DAI Global
- Chief of Party, Ghana Health Program – HIV at Global Communities
- Deputy Chief of Party, Ghana Health Program – HIV at Global Communities
- Assistante Sociale (recrutement local) at International Medical Corps
- Project Field Coordinator at European Committee for Agricultural Training