Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
About You and The Role
Zipline’s instant delivery solution has directly saved thousands of lives and millions of dollars for health systems in markets where we operate. We are seeking a talented health researcher with strong analytical skills and an understanding of impact evaluations using quasi-experimental designs.
The Research Analyst will contribute to Zipline’s broader Monitoring and Evaluation strategy by designing, conducting, and reporting health and supply chain research. This person will work with internal and external stakeholders in collecting and analyzing the right data to report how Zipline is transforming access to healthcare across the globe.
What You’ll Do
- Design research protocols and data collection tools both for quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Summarize internal and external research into formats that are accessible to diverse audiences.
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation strategies and tools.
- Lead and coordinate ongoing research studies.
- Prepare reports and manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals and submission to scientific events.
- Engage with Institutional Research Boards, Ethics Review Committees, and similar review instances in submissions and review processes.
- Participate in the application process for research grants.
- Conduct systematic and non-systematic literature reviews.
- Conduct data management and data analysis using statistical analysis software.
- Participate in the design of cost-effectiveness analyses and economic evaluations.
What You’ll Bring
- Graduate studies (complete or underway) or equivalent work experience in public health and/or epidemiology.
- Experience in public health programs/policies research environments, including governmental, consulting, academic and/or non-profit organizations.
- Creativity and a strong foundation in research design, including familiarity with quasi-experimental research designs and causal inference concepts.
- Work experience carrying out quantitative data analysis using statistical software (Stata, SAS, R, or Python pandas).
- Experience preparing research protocols for submission to Institutional Research Boards, Ethics Review Committees, and similar review instances
- Experience in conducting literature reviews, including systematic reviews with and without meta-analysis.
- Experience in writing grant applications.
- Experience in survey design using generic and/or specific platforms.
- Ability to promote and represent Zipline’s research projects with country health officials, academic leaders, and public health organizations.
- Project management and communication skills.
- Strong collaborative skills and cultural competency.
What Else You Need to Know
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Location: This position is based in Ghana and the selected candidate must be able to travel to our distribution centers in Ghana, Rwanda, and Nigeria to work with stakeholders with some frequency and overlap working hours with both GMT and PST time zones.