GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through a revitalized partnership. It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people better, those affected by disaster or crisis. GPON is presently operating in the Northeastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 100,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services. GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services, and Education support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Assistant
Position Reports to: MEAL Associate
Indirect Reporting: MEAL Officer, Project Officer
- GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a National Non-profit Non-Government Organization with a mandate of Making life better for vulnerable children and women across nations.
- Following the challenges children are facing to have adequate support from social services and institutions to access basic amenities for their growth and development across nations.
- GPON is saddled to provide complementary support to vulnerable children across nations to attain personal growth and development.
- GOALPrime Organization Nigeria is presently operating in Northeast Nigeria and FTC where we have reached over 2,000,000 lives (directly and indirectly) with integrated services, we support internally displaced persons with emergency relief materials, Child Protection services, WASH services, GBV mitigation services, Livelihood skill building, Health services, Peace building and Education support services.
- GPON work in both emergency and development context.
Job Overview / Summary
- The MEAL Assistant is part of the M&E department and will work closely with the EiE project team.
- The MEAL Assistant will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of robust feedback channels. These may include design and administration of surveys, focus group discussions, proactive and reactive feedback mechanisms.
- The MEAL Assistant will be responsible for aggregating feedback, identifying key themes and challenges or opportunities to respond to, and presenting these to the management team for a decision on how to respond.
Feedback Planning and Implementation:
- Collect beneficiaries’ feedback through various channels. (Community meetings, surveys, discussions, phone lines, suggestion boxes, SMS among others)
- Regularly update the excel based Feedback Registry on everyday basis and raise cases including breach of GPON code of conduct, allegations of child abuse or sexual exploitation and other major programmatic complaints
- Receive, record, and classify complaints for attention by the MEAL Officer and refer to the respective sectors.
- Collect response from the program staff on the feedback and communicate back to beneficiaries
- Ensure accurate and confidential filing of reporting forms. such as beneficiaries feedback form, Feedback Registry, surveys, interview, minutes from community meetings, reports, datasets among others
- Generate reports on the implementation and use of feedback channels, per sector, including limitations and challenges.
Feedback Monitoring, Reporting, and Response:
- Support the MEAL officer in updating the project MEAL plan timely and provide feedback to program staff on status and quality of implementation.
- Responsible for tracking project progress against monitoring work plans;
- Responsible for documenting findings from project data quality audits and store in project files to ensure collective and sustainable access;
- Actively participate in and contribute to MEAL team activities, system assessments, development and implementation of new systems and/or tools aimed at strengthening overall MEAL practices at GPON;
- Aggregate and disaggregate beneficiaries feedback (according to gender, age, status, sector, risk-level and other beneficiaries appropriate disaggregation).
- Present statistics on feedback received and feedback content in clear formats to highlight feedback trends to the program team, as well as synthesize qualitative feedback in ways which provide the detail that the program team will need to design an appropriate response.
- Analyze key themes, challenges, and opportunities for program improvement
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop GPON programs
- Contribute to providing MEAL inputs for EiE report writing during project implementation
- Degree in Statistics, Computer Science / Information Management /or any other related field
- At least 2 years’ experience working in monitoring and evaluation preferred
- Excellent computer skills are required (particularly Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Kobo toolbox)
- Strong data collection, analysis, and report writing skills required
- Ability to work independently, think analytically and take initiative in solving problems
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively
- Familiarity with log frame analysis and MEAL plan
- Experience in conducting assessments
- Must be willing to travel to other LGAs to work
- EiE background and working with highly vulnerable and displaced people would be added advantage;
- Good verbal communication skills in local languages and working knowledge of English;
- Most importantly, commitment to GPON values and principles;
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with groups of diverse backgrounds.
Application Closing Date
29th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- GPON and GPON workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in GPON Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. Following these values, GPON operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons
- GPON is an Equal Opportunity Employer GPON considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Information Management and Reporting Officer at Restoration of Hope Initiative (ROHI)
- Programme Assistant, Protection at Christian Aid (CA) – 6 Openings
- Consultants for COMITAS Social Cohesion, Value Chain, and Market Assessment at Mercy Corps Nigeria (5 Openings)
- Economic Recovery Manager at Danish Refugee Council
- Solicitation for Resident Hire U.S. Personal Services Contractor (U.S. PSC) Executive HR Advisor, GS-15 at USAID