The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bamako, Mali.
As Expert MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning) in Welthungerhilfe’s (WHH) country office in Bamako you will coordinate, develop, maintain and continuously improve the monitoring and evaluation system at country level and build the capacity of relevant staff in each project. You will oversee all monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities in the country while ensuring program quality and information management through Welthungerhilfe’s program management system (PROMIS).
- Manage, implement and develop the MEAL system and framework for the Welthungerhilfe country program in Mali and coordinate MEAL experts accordingly
- Contribute to analyzing the impact of the country program and visualize progress towards Welthungerhilfe Mali’s strategic goals
- Document good practices and lessons learned and communicate them to the country management team and other stakeholders
- Coordinate the development and implementation of high quality M&E plans ensuring that WHH standards and operating procedures are followed
- Assist in revising project planning documents, particularly with respect to intervention logic and indicators
- Support, train and coordinate MEAL experts of the projects in the implementation of Welthungerhilfe’s M&E system in Mali (targeting, data collection tools, M&E indicators and outcome measures, data analysis and visualization, and data entry into PROMIS)
- Contribute to the establishment of an effective complaints response mechanism (CRM) in accordance with WHH quality standards
- Develop and implement appropriate processes to enable the people we want to help to participate in the various stages of a project and influence project decisions
- Ensure that WHH teams and partners apply standard humanitarian norms.
- Participate and represent Welthungerhilfe in MEAL working groups in the region and maintain close communication with the MEAL team at WHH headquarters in Bonn
- A university or polytechnic degree in statistics, geography, economics, social sciences, agricultural sciences or a related discipline
- At least five years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of complex development programs/projects
- Sound experience in data analysis & presentation using advanced data analysis and visualization software, knowledge of COMMCARE would be an asset
- Extensive experience in monitoring and evaluating complex activities in difficult terrain (insecurity, conflict, humanitarian crises) with a participatory/community approach
- Demonstrated experience in training and supervising field staff
- Additional software and technical skills (databases, mobile technology, GIS and statistical software) are desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to coordinate a team
- Ability to write survey and progress reports (narrative and quantitative)
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s project countries
- Excellent spoken and written English and French
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by October 16, 2022 by following this link. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Team Services – Site Manager at the Confederation of African Football (CAF)
- Institutional Capacity Manager, Nigeria SCALE at Palladium Group
- Finance Assistant at Action Against Hunger
- Information and Communication Technology Assistant at Action Against Hunger
- Safety and Security Manager at Action Against Hunger