Position: MEAL Officer
As a member of the Programme Development and Quality team, the MEAL Officer provides hands-on support and leads on specific MEAL activities in Minya. This includes designing and implementing a robust MEAL system in line with SCI standards and procedures, Accountability and Learning Plans; conducting and supporting evaluation studies (baseline, midterm and end line), designing program monitoring tools, ensuring effective monitoring of program outputs and outcomes; and contributing to SCI annual monitoring and reporting. The position also supports effective accountability systems, including beneficiary complaints and response systems; and will contribute to program and organizational learning processes. In line with SCI Egypt’s MEAL approaches, the MEAL Officer is responsible for ensuring all MEAL processes are gender-sensitive, and are participatory, including capturing the voice of children. The role includes providing direct, hands-on support for program MEAL activities; providing MEAL capacity building for staff and partners; and engaging in MEAL learning processes. The MEAL Officer is expected to work in close collaboration with MEAL Team members, and with program and partner staff. The position is Minya based, and includes regular travel to Save the Children Egypt’s program locations across Egypt. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in social science, economics, or relevant fields; post graduate level qualification in social science is preferred
- 3-5 years of monitoring and evaluation experience development contexts with NGOs. Experience with INGOs is preferred.
- Experience with research methods and data management and analysis in development programming
- Experience in evaluation design and management
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent internal consultation and liaison skills; facilitation and coaching skills
- Excellent analytical and creative abilities with strong results orientation
- Fluency in English and Arabic (spoken and written) is required
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Experience in developing tools and methodologies to and with children
The Organisation We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030: No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday All children learn from a quality basic education and that, Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued. Application Information: Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?