Position: MEAL Officer – Juba, South Sudan (National)
Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organisation dedicated to promoting respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence. Geneva Call’s mission is to ensure that armed groups and de facto authorities (AGDA) respect International Humanitarian Law and basic humanitarian principles in the areas where they fight or they control.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
The MEAL Officer will be responsible for the Sudan program’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) activities. The MEAL Officer contributes to overall program quality through the strategic planning and implementation of all MEAL processes and activities required to improve Geneva Call’s program quality over the course of project implementation and ensure and demonstrate a positive impact on the protection of civilians. The MEAL Officer is directly responsible for assessing and measuring the quality and accountability of Geneva Call engagement work in Sudan. The MEAL Officer is also responsible for designing MEAL tools, data collection, analysis, reporting, and follow-up in collaboration with project teams.
- Support project teams to ensure appropriate data collection and management, including cleaning and validation.
- Develop project MEAL plans based on project log frames and indicators.
- Monitor overall project implementation, including field visits to verify data.
- Support in the development of MEAL tools, including developing assessments, baselines, monitoring and evaluation systems, data analysis and report writing.
- Support project teams in ensuring that programme related actions are taken based on MEAL findings and feedback from beneficiaries.
- With support from programme team colleagues, provide high quality project information to both internal and external stakeholders, extracting detailed project data relevant for reporting.
Education and experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, humanitarian and/or development studies, communications, or relevant field;
- Minimum 3 years equivalent work experience in a humanitarian organization;
- 3 years experience as MEAL Officer or similar role.
- Understanding of proposal management, including project design and proposal writing;
- Familiarity with standard grant management tools such as logical frameworks;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation as it links to implementing successful projects, both day to-day and measuring and demonstrating impact;
- Ability to design, implement and evaluate data collection tools and analysis;
- Good level of proficiency in Word, PPT, KoBo Toolbox, and PowerBI or equivalent.
- English (C1-C2).
- Knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure, travel frequently in conflict-affected areas and to handle numerous tasks simultaneously;
- Capacity to think critically and produce high-quality reports and analysis;
- Strong inter-personal, communication and leadership skills;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process. The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the Geneva Call Performance Management guidelines. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- Job Description
- Action plan
- Performance Review Template
- Position : MEAL Officer
- Type of Contract: Fixed term contract (National position)
- Activity rate: 100%
- Work place: Juba, South Sudan
- Preferred start date: as soon as possible
How to apply
To apply please follow the link:
No later than 5 July, 2023.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Admin, fin, HR Officer – Juba, South Sudan (National) at Geneva Call
- Deputy Team Leader at Tanager
- IHL/IHRL Legal Adviser – Juba, South Sudan (International) at Geneva Call
- PROGRAMME OFFICER at Christian Blind Mission
- Facilitation of Participatory Gender Action Research Training Instilling Transformative Gender Approach through Participatory Action Research