Fixed Term | 6 Months | September 2022
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
In response to the emergency situation in Sudan, ACTED recruits.
The Project Development Officer (PDO) contributes to the development of project proposals in line with ACTED’s global and in-country programme strategy, and ensures proper grant management, incl. timely reporting of project achievements to donors. The PDO facilitates internal communication and coordination with relevant departments, and contributes to ACTED external communication strategy.
Fundraising and proposal development:
- Contract follow-up
- Partner Follow-up
Management and Internal Coordination
- Staff Management (if any):
- Internal Coordination and Communication:
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations, Development or Political Science;
- 1-2 years previous work experience in a relevant position;
- Previous related work experience, with knowledge of project design, proposal writing and grants management;
- Knowledge of the humanitarian aid system and ability to understand the donors systems;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical skills;
- Strong coordination and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural and fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Good team spirit and ability to work with diverse profiles.
- Salary between 1500 and 1700€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Contribution to a housing allowance of up to 75% of ACTED benchmark or accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com), including the reference: PDO/SUD
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.
- Programme Officer – Political Participation and Representation at International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance
- Programme Officer – Elections at International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance
- Programme Officer – Constitution Building Processes at International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance
- Farsight Africa Group Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- QUALITY ASSURANCE LEAD at Farsight Africa Group