Media Monitor Terms of Reference
Breakthrough ACTION Liberia is funded by USAID to implement integrated Social Behavior Change (SBC) activities at various levels: national, county, district, health facility, community and household levels within 12 of Liberia’s 15 counties. The project is utilizing a multi-channel Umbrella Campaign which includes media, community mobilization, interpersonal communication, print materials and a social media to spread relevant health messages to targeted audiences. The goal is to help in raising awareness of several high impact health behaviors across Liberia with an emphasis on malaria, maternal, neonatal, and child health (MNCH); family planning/reproductive health (FP/RH); nutrition, and water, sanitation, hygiene (WASH); zoonotic and non-zoonotic infections.
The Healthy Life campaigns are being jointly designed, planned and executed with Ministry of Health (MOH) and Breakthrough ACTION Liberia, along with service delivery partners.
Identify a set of monitors who are suitably qualitive and experience in providing media monitoring services for a USAID funded health project. Their primary responsibility will be to collect data of print, broadcast and social media, and present the results, in order to ensure the fidelity of the Healthy Life Campaign.
The media monitoring services are required beginning Monday, July 26, 2021 and for an initial 3-month period with a potential for extension.
· Monitor and track media disseminated by Breakthrough ACTION Liberia, including print, broadcast (primarily radio) and social media.
· Track mentions of the Healthy Life campaign and its hashtag #HealthyLife
· Develop and deliver daily reports of media disseminated via WhatsApp
· Provide a monthly report on the overall effectiveness of the campaign and where possible, relevant suggestions and recommendations on future execution of the same
· Must own a radio, phone (with access to WhatsApp), and laptop
· Previous media monitoring experience is a plus
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Availability to work for short blocks of time (2-3 hours in the morning, afternoon, or evening)
· Must be available to work in the early morning, evening, and weekends, as needed.
· 2 years of experience media monitoring including monitoring social media.
· Excellent analytical skills and expertise in interpreting media monitoring data
Conflict of Interest
Service providers are required to provide services that are professional, objective and impartial. Service providers must ensure that there is no conflict of interest between existing assignments, obligations and responsibilities to other clients and the services set out in this TORs. In the event of any uncertainty in this regard, full disclosure in the submitted proposal should be considered. Non-disclosure of a conflict of interest may be grounds for termination of any contract.
How to apply
Please express your interest by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the subject line: Media Monitor
Send the following details: CV/resume and expression of interest