Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, gender, creed or political affiliation
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Employment Type: Full-time
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are always followed and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Clinical diagnosis and correct prescription of treatment.
- Ensure the correct application of treatments and close follow up all patient’s Clinical examination/treatment and follow up of all patients in GOPD, ATFC, ITFC.
- Follow up prescribed medical treatment, adapting and modifying according to needs.
- Record every new diagnosis or finding, act performed or prescribed concisely on the patient’s file.
- Performs the ward round when working in day duty and support the duty nurse in the event of complications during night duty.
- Ensure a proper handover to next duty staff to ensure quality of care.
- Complete the referral form to refer to other facility and make a summary at discharge.
- Participate in trainings regarding nutrition programs.
- Support, if any needs of consultations in ATFC.
- Works in collaborate with all health staff and non-medical staff to provide quality of care.
- Contributes to statistics (daily/weekly) and mortality and morbidity report and data analysis.
- Informs line manager if any problems linked to work.
- Participates in the team meetings for exchanging information.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields with a minimum of 2 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV, Qualifications, License and Registration with Medical & Dental Council of Nigeria, any other important document, and a Cover Letter with contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org “MEDICAL DOCTOR” as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply online
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Deputy Chief of Party/USAID/Benin/ Upcoming Integrated Health Services Project (Proposal)
- Sr. Internal Auditor at Food for the Hungry
- Signature Program Technical Lead – East Africa at Heifer International
- Associate Director, Operational and Hyper Support Lead – ERP at International Rescue Committee
- Pharmacy Supervisor (Abuja) at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – WaCA