Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Our vision is enhancing healthier and safer communities, while our mission is to collaborate with partners to promote comprehensive and sustainable interventions for public health, support military medicine and health diplomacy for peace, stability and development of communities. Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated support to HJF Medical Research International, Ltd Gte in support of Nigerian Military HIV program across 30 Military Formations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer, Research – HIFASS-07-21
Locations: 68 (NARH) Yaba and Primary Healthcare Centers (PHC) in Ikorodu LGA, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
Reports To: Principal Investigator / Lead Site Investigator
Work Hours: Full time, 40 hours / week
- The Lassa Epi protocol (EID 023) is a community-based cross-sectional study that will be implemented in rural and semi-urban communities in Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC), Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja and Ikorodu Local Government Area (L.G.A) in Lagos State.
- The overarching goal of this study is to determine the seroprevalence and risk factors of Lassa virus (LASV) infection among adult human populations in the two locations.
- Under the supervision of the Lead Site Investigator and the technical oversight of the Research Team of USAMRD-A/N (DODWRP-N), the incumbent is responsible for providing relevant clinical services for research protocol implementation at the sites.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a Study Physician on the Lassa seroprevalence study (EID 023) and other studies that the incumbent may be assigned to.
- Responsible to the Principal Investigator and the Lead Site Investigator for the day-to-day implementation of clinical research protocols at the respective study sites, including but not limited to functioning as the Study Coordinator.
- Supports the management of study regulatory binders/other relevant documents and communicates with the Regulatory POC.
- Coordinates and/or supports the implementation of site quality management plan and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Supports the informed consent process and screening for eligibility to join the study.
- Supports HIV counselling and testing and other procedures as appropriate.
- Conducts clinical assessments for study participants and obtains clinical data per protocol.
- Supports other relevant study activities, including sample collection and data management.
- Ensures protection of participants’ rights and safety by providing any pertinent information to participants and the study team in a prompt manner.
- Supports data analysis and the preparation of scientific communications (papers, posters, abstracts, etc.) for presentation at local and national meetings and for publication in medical and scientific periodicals.
- Assists in preparing protocol-required reports such as Adverse Effects (AEs) reporting, Continuing Review Reports (CRRs), and other reports as may be necessary. Monitors deadlines.
- Leverages expertise in support of expansion of research activities on site as appropriate.
- Performs other research, care, prevention, and evaluation duties as assigned.
Similar Vacancies, Ngo jobs in Africa now
Minimum Education/Training Requirement:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine & Surgery (MBBS or MB BCh) is required.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health will be an added advantage.
Prior Work Experience:
- Four (4) years post-National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) experience in clinical care, with a minimum of 2 years’ clinical research or public health program experience, is required.
- Experience in HIV/AIDS care and support at the clinical level will be an added advantage.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration:
- Registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) with an up-to-date annual practicing license.
- May be assigned to supervise study personnel. Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Clinical management training and experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of infectious diseases.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings. 4. Knowledge of Nigerian clinical research regulations and practices.
- Completion of CITI Group 3 Modules with at least 80% score in each module.
- Training in Good Clinical Practice.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent skills in computer and office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, MS-Access, Outlook, and Adobe PDF).
- Candidates must be resident or ready to relocate to Lagos.
N320,000 – N360,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to “The Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)” via: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Kindly attach additional Certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in PDF format, Resume and CV together in word format.
- The position is Open to all interested Applicants
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.